Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: 1959 Glyder Craft

1959 Glyder Craft 12 years 2 months ago #64403

Hi, I'm new to the forum, and looking for some information on a old boat I have. The title says its a 1959 Glyder Craft, its all fiberglass, V-drive and setup for a chevy 350. The last owner told me it was an old school drag boat. Does anyone have any information at all about this boat? I've searched the internet and haven't found any information about the boat or manufacture. Any help would be appreciated, Thanks

T

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:1959 Glyder Craft 12 years 2 months ago #64411

• MarkS
  • Thank you received: 5
Welcome aboard T, glad to have you join us. We'd love to see some pics of your "new" boat, and it might help some of the experts identify it as well. There is a thread in the support section to help with re-sizing pics if you have trouble posting.

Mark

Re:1959 Glyder Craft 12 years 2 months ago #64431

Titles can be wrong sometimes- does the boat have any manufacturer's ID plates or emblems?

Re:1959 Glyder Craft 12 years 2 months ago #64457

Hi, Thanks for the responses. Well I don't have any pictures on this computer, but probably next week I can take some, and post them. As far as manufacturers ID plates... where would I look for them, is there a common location? I haven't found any so far, but the boat is currently tore down, and I'm trying to decide if its worth restoring or not.

I'll try and describe the boat some, closed bow, about a 4' tall V in the front, 16' long, probably 8' open area. The bottom is all black with red on top, It kind of has old Impala lines to it. The back end is rounded off, doesn't look like it ever had a windshield. And I'm not sure, but it appears its just a forward/reverse in out v-drive shift, atleast it doesn't look like a transmission mounts to the motor plate.

Also one more question, how do you check a fiberglass hull if its good? I was told by another boater it is good, and I haven't found any soft spots, but is there an actual test?

Thanks,

T

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.161 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online