Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Launch/boat retrival, idea today.

Launch/boat retrival, idea today. 12 years 2 months ago #64218

• Robby321
  • Robby321's Avatar Topic Author
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 10
Came up with this idea today. Been.."Wet", since 5 years old, now 62. Yep, the "bones are getting old!" This all depends on yer launch of course. I have a private boat slip, a HOA here, and our launch dock. But getting the boat "retrieved", (hull bath)...balancing on the trailer, a "bow hook", the boat, without getting wet, plus less slip off...(OUCH!) I launch my boats alone, no problem, just make it as easy as I can. Electric winch too. Came up with this idea today. Heavy Duty "spring clamp", on a expandable boat pole. Winch with slack. "hook the hook", grab the bow eye, and hit the button! And here comes the boat! Plus, just twist the clamp back, and still good to go, as designed Pix..
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Launch/boat retrival, idea today. 12 years 2 months ago #64234

• MarkS
  • Thank you received: 5
Pretty cool idea Robby, I like it! I've been wondering (okay stressing!) about loading my GT onto the trailer by myself when I finally get it done. All my boating experience has been with an open bow, so it wasn't an issue = drive the boat onto the trailer, leave it running and in gear and walk up to the bow to hook up the strap. Crawl out the bow and step on the trailer once, back bumper of the truck, and you're on dry ground. Your invention may just be the trick I need!

Mark

Re:Launch/boat retrival, idea today. 12 years 2 months ago #64238

Ta da da! That is just one of the things I like about my Power Cat - it sits on a flat deck carpeted trailer. I get the trailer in the water, hop on the deck and go get my boat!

Maybe go out tonight...

Frank

Re:Launch/boat retrival, idea today. 12 years 2 months ago #64241

Cool Idea.

Re:Launch/boat retrival, idea today. 12 years 2 months ago #64305

• Robby321
  • Robby321's Avatar Topic Author
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 10
Off another forum post, "Nice idea, at first I was thinking.. well it's summer.. but the water is always cold in your neck of the woods and I hate cold water too. Thanks for sharing a great idea! "
My reply..
Not so much the cold water, heck, 80 today, kids in the water now here, our park/beach/marina, which is 55/60 degrees. Its mostly for my 20 footer, "Dogs boat", fish, etc, and a lot of times, want to take it out, not so great "weather"....wearing tenny's and levis, bitch to change, and simple looking for a "easier way". Than "walking the trailer the "plank"..(bow hook is way too far in the hull), and slip into the water..(sucks, as I'm getting to old for this BS!) Like said, depends on the boat, launch, etc. Just a brain fart I had yesterday...(I like to invent something, needed or not...retired, got plenty of time!). Thing is, as a 10 foot expandable pole, a zillion other uses. Somebody doing roof work, drops something?...no toss and hope, clamp it! Someone in the water, distress, why toss a float-able, get close and hand it out. All kinds of uses. I aint got now problem, when my Flatbottom is in, and coming out, as I built the trailer right, side boards, just pull it up, fast hook, and out. All launch docks are different too, and I have to deal with some darn good, "tides swings here". In spring, we get (lower Puget Sound), - 4 feet, to plus 18. Damn tide swirls coming in, (our launch is useless, every 6 hours, low tides, water WAY out there!)

I damn sure like the boating part of boating, but seems I do 99 hours of "maintenance", in, out, etc, but once 10 feet off the dock, or my slip?...."its all worth it!" Been that way since 5 years old, now 62...and ZERO plans to ever give it up! Pix here..our park, launch dock, next our marina, 104 slips, I'm the second slip in, off the far end, facing the water, next to the Flybridge, sailboat next to me. "Dogs boat in the slip". All private here, little rules, just behave, and I don't even have lights, or a plate, the trailer. Not needed. Kids ride around the "private" 5 miles here, minis, and quads, and I STILL, go chase'em down, with my gokart. I swear, living here, was like it was LONG ago, back in the Illinois "Chain", 50's 60's, and beyond.. And just the way I like it too!
Attachments:

Re:Launch/boat retrival, idea today. 12 years 2 months ago #64328

Just two days ago I was launching on a shallow ramp. By the time my boat will float off the trailer the truck is in the water when you step out of it. I'm all by myself and the bow gets hung up on the stern rest on my trailer. Can't pull ahead or It may scratch the boat. Not a big deal for a boat that kiss's the bottom often but anyway in I go to the waist to push it off. This new tool could have done it. I forgot to take my wallet out of my pants. You talk about brain farts. :angry: Just at this moment a deer runs across the parking area and my Dog Babe decided it would be lots of fun to run with the deer. She comes right back when I yell for her. All of this and there is a brand spanking new chevy truck broken down in the middle of the ramp I had to work around. No body around and it was tight. Wind was blowing slightly and my boat wanted to float over on the offending chevy trailer. Six hours later the truck is still on the ramp when I leave. Forgot the camera or I'd have taken a pic and put the whole damn thing on Craig's List lost and found. :woohoo:
Attachments:

Re:Launch/boat retrival, idea today. 12 years 2 months ago #64335

• jepstr67
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 1
I have a Plott hound. To me, the most amazing part of the story is that the dog actually listened to you. :laugh:

Re:Launch/boat retrival, idea today. 12 years 2 months ago #64342

jepstr67,

me too! = my old girl (long ago "walked on" to the Happy Hunting Ground) would have been back in about 2 hours, looking very satisfied with herself.
(hounds are like that!)

yours, satx

Resistance to tyrants is obedience to Almighty God.
Thomas Jefferson, 1803

Re:Launch/boat retrival, idea today. 12 years 2 months ago #64361

She listens very well. I never put a leash on her. Last week I told her to stay in the boat while someone else was launching and someone else was waiting. She sat right at the back with the motor and waited till I told her to come out. I told her not to chase the ducks and she listens. She loves to point at them though.
Attachments:

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.192 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online