Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: 1961 bell boy ballerina

1961 bell boy ballerina 12 years 2 months ago #64074

I have looked hi and low for a match with no luck yet. I just got what I believe to be a bell boy ballerina. All the info I found says they are 14 ft boats. Mine measures 15'3" can someone please explain the difference in size please

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:1961 bell boy ballerina 12 years 2 months ago #64078

Are you mesureing centerline length or gunnel length. Many different manufactuers years ago would measure in different ways. My 68 creastliner saysit is 14 ft. but it is 14'10". It is common to have a different length than the adverticed length. Some companys round it up to the next foot or down to the lower foot. You just have to live with it. Skip.

Re:1961 bell boy ballerina 12 years 2 months ago #64079

I am asking because it has no indications of max weight or max motor size. I am trying to get all my info together thanks for the info

Re:1961 bell boy ballerina 12 years 2 months ago #64087

Well lets see if we can help you out here. First off do you have any pics of the boat. A side , rear, front and interior shot would really help. There are lots of members here that will be able to help you out here.If you look in the Glassic library there is a section under fiberglass boats that has some info on bellboy boats. Do you know the yr of your boat. If it is a 60 model it should be around 450 lbs and have a hp rating of 50hp max. You stated that your boat was longer than the stated length in the adverticement so it may be possible that you have a different model. The only other model that is close to the length you have would be the Bonanza model. It was 650lbs and had a hp rating of 160hp. max. These 2 boats are very close looking to each other. Sometines the registrations do not have the correct info on thse old boats which is quite common. Hope this helps you out, Skip.

Re:1961 bell boy ballerina 12 years 2 months ago #64126

According to the USCG the max H.P should be [(L' X W')X2]- 90 Which is Centerline Length times Width (in feet, inches converted to decimal) times 2 minus 90

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.184 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online