Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Boating on the (low water level) Hudson today

Boating on the (low water level) Hudson today 12 years 2 months ago #64039

Out on the Hudson today. Very low water levels, kinda weird, but expected after no snow this past winter and very little rain of late. Nevertheless we had a good time.

Buckley the boating dog...

Gail and Buckley in their very own video!

Old Merc running great, about 1/2 speed here...

Happy boater

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Boating on the (low water level) Hudson today 12 years 2 months ago #64041

PC,

Gail and Buckley, even the Merc. look just great.

But you might want to lose the last guy. :X

1963 Starcraft 14' Ranger

Re:Boating on the (low water level) Hudson today 12 years 2 months ago #64046

Where I like to fish here at Roston you must be very wary of where you are at because it is littered with bits and pieces of props. Clyde Coleman (former owner of Coleman's Marina) said her kept a large supply of the most popular props. He said they would come right to the door if he was closed to buy them. He lived with'in a hundred foot of the shop and store. He said he didn't charge extra for the bother. He was a nice guy. Boy I sure do miss him.

Re:Boating on the (low water level) Hudson today 12 years 2 months ago #64170

• stashm2
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 1
Hey Frank! What day was that? I was out on the 4th from Henry Hudson Park, Didnt get back in untill about midnight was a beutifull night for a cruise. Hope all is well. Hows the 135 coming along?

Re:Boating on the (low water level) Hudson today 12 years 2 months ago #64184

It was Sunday Jesse. I was under the weather big time on the 4th. Nothing like getting a holiday, and being sick. Still not much better Sunday, was only out just up to All Baloney, then returned to the Henry Hudson launch. Doing better today, still not quite back to 100% yet. Haven't done too much with the 135, been working on the travel trailer, but have been dealing with this health issue the last couple weeks, so really, not much has got done with anything. Missed a bunch of work too. Got an AC unit in the back of the truck that will go on the travel trailer tomorrow night with any luck. Besides the 135 I want to start rebuilding the 1947 Old Town canoe we have. Something for all seasons...

Keep in touch,

Frank

Re:Boating on the (low water level) Hudson today 12 years 2 months ago #64201

wish i had the enthusiasm to take mine out. in the garage all summer. wish i had a nearbye boating buddy.

Re:Boating on the (low water level) Hudson today 12 years 2 months ago #64207

You should be on Lake Travis. It is still over 40 Feet below what it should be.You are looking up all the tile to see where the water should be.

Last year Lake Somerville (where I have my place) got to 10 feet low. That does not sound like much compared to Travis however that is near 1/2 the dept.

Lakes are like funnels. The more you loose the faster they go down. However we are getting rain as I type...However I live more then a 100 miles from Travis

CAVU

Re:Boating on the (low water level) Hudson today 12 years 2 months ago #64239

vuyosevich wrote:

wish i had the enthusiasm to take mine out. in the garage all summer. wish i had a nearbye boating buddy.

Whadya mean Ron?!? NY is adjacent to NJ... Come on up!

I hope to take the kiddies out tonight after they load the new AC unit up on top of the travel trailer. We're gonna be cool campers this year!

Frank

Re:Boating on the (low water level) Hudson today 12 years 2 months ago #64242

TallTexan wrote:

Last year Lake Somerville (where I have my place) got to 10 feet low. That does not sound like much compared to Travis however that is near 1/2 the dept.

Boy, that is a drag and a 1/2. While I'm not a big fan of the Hudson, it is a major river and shipping channel and good and deep between the navigational buoys.

Good luck with rain, I know you guys need it, and boy, we sure do too! My normally green lawn is light brown...

Frank

Re:Boating on the (low water level) Hudson today 12 years 2 months ago #64366

boy if i were within an hour or so you'd be gettin sick of me....

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.191 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online