Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: need parts for 1970 chrysler 85 hp

need parts for 1970 chrysler 85 hp 12 years 3 months ago #63815

I need a good source of parts for my Chrysler 85 hp serial number 857HA makes it a 1970.I need a head gasket the gasket that goes between cyl head and water manifold cover. Thermostat,rubber gasket,and head temp sensor..Part numbers would be great too.Took it out on its maiden voyage and thermostat was stuck.Almost melted it down.Removed lower unit to find a new impeller.Then removed cyl head because thats what you have to do to get to the darn T stat.its under the water manifold boiled it while watching the meat thermometer didnt open till it hit almost 250 Deg.Hope someone can help Thanks Dan :angry:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: need parts for 1970 chrysler 85 hp 12 years 2 months ago #64531

Heres a link to a company in Florida. I just finished a total rebuild on a '72 70 horse Chrysler and these guys had everything I needed except the gasket for the head cover. I couldn't find that one any where so I ended up cutting one. If you go on their site and click the item you are looking at the part numbers will come up. The temp sensor I got from Sea Way Marine in Seattle and cost $130. Yup, that's right, $130. It was the only one I could find. If I look around I have the reciepts with part numbers. Good luck on that motor!

www.outboardparts.com/pindex.html

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.166 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online