Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Boat Identification

Boat Identification 12 years 3 months ago #63600

I'm trying to find out what make and model my boat is. There are no id plates or any markings at all. Any help would be appreciated. I need a starting point for my restoration.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Boat Identification 12 years 3 months ago #63604

• riceman
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 0
Welcome aboard! Posting some pics will be a must for ID. Check out the first topic in the support area if you need help with this. It's called "how to post pictures." Looking forward to pics!

Re:Boat Identification 12 years 3 months ago #63616

Here's a picture. I hope.
Attachments:

Re:Boat Identification 12 years 3 months ago #63620

A couple more.
Attachments:

Re:Boat Identification 12 years 3 months ago #63622

Sorry I'm new at this. one more.
Attachments:

Re:Boat Identification 12 years 3 months ago #63636

Tomahawk Ski Mate. There are quite a few of them out there. I have a Spirit and they appear to be well built boats. There used to be decals on the fins near the back of the boat. There are enough patterns so they can be reproduced. It looks like yours may have been painted. Most of the ones I have seen had a white hull with colored fins.
Attachments:

Todd (aka thetudor)
1964 Custom Craft Aqua Ray
1959 Glastron Seaflite
1959 Tomahawk Spirit

Re:Boat Identification 12 years 3 months ago #63655

Wow, thanks for the quick answer. I really appreciate it. At least now I know what I'm dealing with. Now it's time to get to work gathering as much info as i can to try and restore it.

Re:Boat Identification 12 years 3 months ago #63667

Good job Tudor!

I my-self could have easily answered it but I was just waiting to see how well the others would do.

Or maybe more like, I sat and stared at the pictures and kept saying ......I know I have seen this one before........I know I have but where? :lol:

1963 Starcraft 14' Ranger

Re:Boat Identification 12 years 3 months ago #63751

Does anyone know where I can get some more pictures and specifications for my boat? I'm trying to lock down a year and get as much info as I can.

Re:Boat Identification 12 years 3 months ago #63752

• MarkS
  • Thank you received: 5
There's a pretty good section on the Tomahawks in the Glassic Library here, have you had a chance to check that out yet? Lots of history and background info, and some pretty good pics as well.
www.fiberglassics.com/library/Tomahawk
Welcome aboard, btw. ;)

Mark

Re:Boat Identification 12 years 3 months ago #63790

I've spent a lot of time in the library. It's an awesome collection of information. And thanks to everybody who is helping me. You guys are great. I really do appreciate it. I was wondering if there were any other boats that look similar to the tomahawk ski-mate? I'm noticing some differences between mine and all the other pictures I've come across?

Re:Boat Identification 12 years 3 months ago #63803

It has more of a look of the spirit of tomahawk. Earlier construction with the molded seat bases but it does have some things that don't line up with "normal construction". Lacking splashwell and the seat backs don't look right.

Re:Boat Identification 12 years 3 months ago #63806

Yes. Some other issues are hull shape, the speedometer on the dash, how the control cables come through the fins and attach to pullies which are mounted on the inboard side of the fin (not inside the fin). Its a puzzle.

Re:Boat Identification 12 years 3 months ago #63879

You might take a look at Luger boats. They made some similar-looking models.

Re:Boat Identification 12 years 3 months ago #63882

grubbjv,

i have NOT said anything before, as i wanted everyone to have their say, BUT i THINK that that hull is a "knock off of" a Tomahawk, copied by one of the "local" FL small builders, as i've SEEN one of those when i was stationed down there in the '70s. - i want to say that the name of the boat was something like "sun-star"???????
(seems to me that i recall, that the company was in the Jacksonville area, if that's any help.)

"knock-offs" used to be REALLY common, in the 1955 - 1970 era.
(FL has had at least 3 dozen "small builders" at one time or another. - i've tried w/o success to gather enough info to do an article on regional "small & custom boat builders" of the Glassic period, but have come to the sad conclusion that the data is long-gone.)

wish i could be of more help, but that's a (maybe worth-LESS) hint on where to look. = BEST WISHES on your research.

yours, satx

Resistance to tyrants is obedience to Almighty God.
Thomas Jefferson, 1803

Re:Boat Identification 12 years 2 months ago #64506

you have definitely been a help. I now have some more leads to run down. Thanks.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.225 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online