TOPIC: Another Inexpensive yet Quality Paint Alternative

Another Inexpensive yet Quality Paint Alternative 12 years 3 months ago #63426

• MyFlamingo
  • MyFlamingo's Avatar Topic Author
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
To my fellow Fiberglassics Members...

I have recently come across the following paint manufacturer and have been in conversations with their technical departements as to their products.

www.vansicklepaint.com/tractor/tta/index.html

I have also done some research and some investigation with customers as to end results of usage of the product. I HAVE been impressed with my findings. I was prompted to do so since Tractor Supply has decided to no longer carry the Valspar Tractor Implement Paint that I have been promoting as an inexpensive alternative for painting boats. This paint appears to be every bit as good if not better than the Valspar paint with some added benefits. They produce their own Reducer and a Clear coat as well. You will need to contact them to determine a local distributor and I am not certain that distribution is readily available. I am lucky to have a local distributor and in the midwest "ATWOODS Farm Supply" is one of their distributors. I have purchased some of the paint, hardener and clear coat and will in the near future be doing some painting with it and will be posting my results and opinions. Their site has some very impressive looking examples of projects where peopls have had some very impressive results. Their prices are very comparaable with Valspar and Rustoleum.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Another Inexpensive yet Quality Paint Alternative 12 years 3 months ago #63444

• MarkS
  • Thank you received: 5
Thanks for sharing your discovery with us Flamingo, anxious to hear and see more about your findings. I hadn't heard about TSC dropping their line of Valspar paints, glad I bought enough to complete my current project when I did! I see the new stuff is "spray only", guess I'll have to switch to Rustoleum or learn how to spray next time? :unsure:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Mark
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.156 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle