Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: My Power Cat 14T

My Power Cat 14T 12 years 3 months ago #62964

With time running short, and the jack plate deal full of unknowns, I decided over the weekend to just get the old Merc back on the boat so I could enjoy some boating. I didn't make it out over the weekend, but once the motor was on and hooked up, she started right up on muffs, even had my pee stream from the top of the motor going. Got my trailer tag yesterday, so now I'm legal, and with a few more things to do, looks like next weekend will be the 2012 maiden launch, probably on the Hudson River. I'll keep y'all posted.

The jack plate may very well go on this year, but I also have another (bigger) Merc to build, so stay tuned folks!

Frank

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:My Power Cat 14T 12 years 3 months ago #62972

• MarkS
  • Thank you received: 5
Good to see you back Frank, sounds like you have a sensible plan there! Looking forward to seeing you do the upgrade, but get her in the water for now. ;)

Mark

Re:My Power Cat 14T 12 years 3 months ago #62975

Thanks Mark, too darn much to do. Got it on my deck again, so can work on it without being on gravel!

Frank

Re:My Power Cat 14T 12 years 3 months ago #63080

• stashm2
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 1
Good Luck Frank! I havent gotten out with mine much either... lots of issues with dads bayliner... (hate that thing..) give a yell if you need a hand with anything.!!

Re:My Power Cat 14T 12 years 3 months ago #63124

I need good luck Jesse! Got stuff to do on the boat tomorro9w, but not much, just a list of things. Need to get nyloks on the merc hood, change the LU lube, fit the transom saver, cut some chain for the front boat mount, mount the spare tire, find all the coast guard stuff, and wash it - it's filthy. Need to build another rear seat too, but don't need to.

I think tomorrow I will do the frame of our new-to-us travel trailer with a number of coats of POR-15. First I have to wire brush the frame, then clean it, then tape anything that might get POR-15 on it, then do the first thin coat. I want to do 3-5 coats, so we'll see how that goes. Bottom line is I'll be working on the boat and boat trailer in between coats. POR-15 says 2-6 hours between coats...

Sunday should be boating day if all goes well.

Frank

Re:My Power Cat 14T 12 years 3 months ago #63179

Frank,
the POR 15 is great stuff but 3 coats should be plenty. i only did two coats on the trailer but i also used the tie coat and coated it with Rustoleum and harder for about 5 coats. The label say two coats, three for marine environments.

Bob

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.169 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online