Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: am i ever going to get a boat done?

am i ever going to get a boat done? 12 years 3 months ago #62912

• john-gibson
  • john-gibson's Avatar Topic Author
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 0
alot of you have seen that im working on my house(porch /room addition,in "nbr"),i thought i could take a break from it and clean out my garage,i need to work on todd's cowling,and start a boat,probably the devil ray,and at the same time work on the pedal firetruck for charity.
i started to clean up the garage so i could work,but have spent the last 3 days landscaping (honey do list).
my garage and basement are a real mess because of the work on the house.
i have a ton and a half of mulch sitting on my truck right now,hopefully i can finish that up today and get started on todds cowling ,then on to the devil ray,john

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

\"too soon old,too late smart\" my pap

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“

---Mark Twain

Re:am i ever going to get a boat done? 12 years 3 months ago #62914

John staying busy keeps us living. Maybe we will live forever. I'm re-doing another truck for my boy Dave, my Winner, I have a 57 Scott Atwater torn apart in the workshop. A 25 horse Johnson waiting for me. I just bought a new bathtub and toilet that needs installed and my original plumbing is dripping in several places. I bought most of what I needed over time. When you live on what we do you can't do it all at once. And to top it all off I'm still fat and ugly with no hair.
Attachments:

Re:am i ever going to get a boat done? 12 years 3 months ago #62919

• jepstr67
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 1
I hate the fact that last year I realized I could never possibly finish even a quarter of the things I wan to do. I've been in a frenzy of what to do next ever since.

Re:am i ever going to get a boat done? 12 years 3 months ago #62920

• john-gibson
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
yep robert we are the same,i have been working on the addition for about 3 years now,and darn it i want to do another boat.
after my 4th heart attack in december,i really want to do another boat.
jepstr,i know exactly what you mean,i have a ton of stuff to do,and im not in much shape to do it.

the most important thing is the cowling ,i have had it awhile but it was cold out,now its next as soon as i get the garage cleaned out,way to much stuff and dust to paint in it.john

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“

---Mark Twain

Re:am i ever going to get a boat done? 12 years 3 months ago #62921

Why no use that big Larson to fish from until you do another boat?
Attachments:

Re:am i ever going to get a boat done? 12 years 3 months ago #62925

"i have a ton of stuff to do,and im not in much shape to do it."
john, i thot you had a ton and a half to do! lolol

Re:am i ever going to get a boat done? 12 years 3 months ago #62933

• john-gibson
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
bob it would be a waste to get the registration,since im going to junk it.and i dont have the money right now.

ron,i guess your right,lol,but really its 2 1/2 tons,i got a ton of garden mix the day before yesterday.john

---Mark Twain

Re:am i ever going to get a boat done? 12 years 3 months ago #62947

• 63 Sabre
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 167
Seems as we get older we pick up the pace. When I retired in '04 I had a laundry list a mile long that should have lasted a lifetime. It lasted about 2 years. Just walking around the property and I can find a dozen things to do. We make our own work, wouldn't have to weed the garden if I didn't plant it, wouldn't have to finish the boat if I didn't buy it, wouldn't have to repair the window boxes if I didn't make them in the first place 15 years ago and on and on. The ole bod will tell you when it's time to quit.
Cal

Re:am i ever going to get a boat done? 12 years 3 months ago #63001

John, I know the feeling. I'm re-landscaping my front and one side yard, then I have to build a new base of the propane tank. (Current set-up illegal and not really solid.) I'd love to follow that with a deck, but we'll see. Sending the CC off to get some minor FG work done. Then maybe I can get the motor back on the Tomahawk, check that out and put it on the market. The Glastron is probably not going to make it in the water until next year. I was hoping for the end of this, but it's not looking likely. Add that on to working 50 hours per week and the time evaporates quickly.

Todd (aka thetudor)
1964 Custom Craft Aqua Ray
1959 Glastron Seaflite
1959 Tomahawk Spirit

Re:am i ever going to get a boat done? 12 years 3 months ago #63023

OK I hate to be the one with bad news but after tomorrow the days start getting shorter. UUUGGGGG

Re:am i ever going to get a boat done? 12 years 3 months ago #63032

• john-gibson
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
todd im planing on starting your cowling on monday,it should take about 2 days,i hope.
i have no free time until then,john

---Mark Twain

Re:am i ever going to get a boat done? 12 years 3 months ago #63052

Thanks, John. The CC is out for some fiberglass work. Nothing major, but I don't trust myself to get complex curves correct (especially the way this week has gone). The guy that is doing it is a master. The boat won't be available for a couple of weeks, so the timing should work fine.

Todd (aka thetudor)
1964 Custom Craft Aqua Ray
1959 Glastron Seaflite
1959 Tomahawk Spirit
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.201 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT