Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Glasspar Emblem

Glasspar Emblem 12 years 4 months ago #62660

I see someone showing waterjet cut vintage boat emblems in the Gallery Section. There does not seem to be anyway to communicate with that person. Does anyone have a source for duplicating the plastic emblems mounted near the stern on Glasspar boats? Specifically I am fixing up my 1972 Glasspar V175 and one emblem is now the Boston version, now reading "Glasspa".

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Glasspar Emblem 12 years 3 months ago #62670

Do you have one in good shape. If so make a mold and cast yourself one using products from this co. Cast 2 and keep the old in a safe place along with the mold
They should be painted over if left in the sun for they will break down

www.smooth-on.com/

CAVU

Re:Glasspar Emblem 12 years 3 months ago #62998

Thank you for the lead. I think I will do just that.
Roy

Re:Glasspar Emblem 12 years 3 months ago #63000

welcome mg roy,i have a 62 or 63 glaspar lido that i am going to junk,since no one wants it,i will take a look at the emblems and let you know if they are good,if so i will send them to you,john
p.s. they might be corroded,i cant remember,john

\"too soon old,too late smart\" my pap

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“

---Mark Twain

Re:Glasspar Emblem 12 years 3 months ago #63064

im sorry mg roy,i looked at the emblems last night,one side is missing,and the other side only says "spar".john

\"too soon old,too late smart\" my pap

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“

---Mark Twain

Re:Glasspar Emblem 12 years 3 months ago #63135

• Ritchie
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 0
MgRoy wrote:

the Boston version, now reading "Glasspa".

That is whicked funny there. ROFL.

I am in the same boat as you. 'cept my boat has the Mel Tillis version. "tter".

Re:Glasspar Emblem 12 years 3 months ago #63138

• riceman
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 0
i'm not the one that posted in the gallery section, but we do have a waterjet at work. i may be able to be of some assistance. they don't come out exactly like the originals, but they may be good enough, depending on what you're after. let me know.

-Chris

Re:Glasspar Emblem 12 years 3 months ago #63288

hey, i have my dads old g3 i may restore a little, and i do emblem recastings on the side (in the day time i own an insurance company), but anyway, i would like to have a glasspar emblem in my arsenal of emblem molds. if you send me a good one, i will send your original back to you, along with two identical copies. yes, you can use smoothon, as the previous poster indicated, but for most people, a learning curve exists, and you will do a lot of trial and error until the copies come out like you want them (air bubbles, fish eyes, too weak and thin in certain areas).

if interested, its free. i also take boat and car emblems and do paperweights with jeweler grade pewter that polishes to a silver luster. i cast metal, plastic, and fiberglass, and i pigment the substrate so that the base color cannot rub off, nor will the uv rays destroy the product.

let me know if interested.

thansk

ronny jetmore 4439758469 located in maryland

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.188 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online