Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Can Anyone Tell Me What Manufacturer Made This Boa

Can Anyone Tell Me What Manufacturer Made This Boa 12 years 4 months ago #62166

I was recently given this boat by someone whom is moving to another part of Canada and cannot take the boat with them so they gave me the boat and trailer. It is a fiberglass hull with closed bow...the interior is gutted and it is missing all hardware and controls other than a steering wheel. It has no manufacturers markings although the half circle in the fiberglass at the rear on each side of the boat has tiny holes where a name plate of some sort was mounted. The serial number tells me that it was made in 1960 and the registration number tells me that it was last registered in Ontario Canada. The trailer is slightly too small for the boat and I am not sure if I want to spend the time to refurbish this vessel or just put it up at an auction. If anyone knows the make of this boat it will help me to determine which direction I go with it.
Thank you.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Can Anyone Tell Me What Manufacturer Made This Boa 12 years 4 months ago #62167

Here is a picture of the transom.
Attachments:

Re:Can Anyone Tell Me What Manufacturer Made This Boa 12 years 4 months ago #62168

Attachments:

Re:Can Anyone Tell Me What Manufacturer Made This Boa 12 years 4 months ago #62170

Attachments:

Re:Can Anyone Tell Me What Manufacturer Made This Boa 12 years 4 months ago #62174

Attachments:

Re:Can Anyone Tell Me What Manufacturer Made This Boa 12 years 4 months ago #62178

• jepstr67
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 1
Not too many manufacturers made them with the lapstrake sides. Another teltale for anyone who actually knows, will be the place for a round emblem molded in where the words are stuck on the boat now.

Good luck. Someone on here will know.
Some more photos of the dash, transom and hardware details might lend more insight to the maker.

Re:Can Anyone Tell Me What Manufacturer Made This Boa 12 years 4 months ago #62195

Thank you...I had never heard the term "lapstrake" before...this definately helps with the discription of the sides of the hull. I will add a few pictures of the dash and transom, but as for hardware...it has mostly been removed prior to my recieving the boat. Thank you again. Here is a picture of the back inside of the boat.
Attachments:

Re:Can Anyone Tell Me What Manufacturer Made This Boa 12 years 4 months ago #62196

Here is a picture of the dash...I know the pile of seats are slightly in the way, but it is the only picture I have on hand, and it is raining cats and dogs right now...so if a better picture is required, I will take one after the storm.
Attachments:

Re:Can Anyone Tell Me What Manufacturer Made This Boa 12 years 4 months ago #62197

And here is the picture that I have on hand of the transom.
Attachments:

Re:Can Anyone Tell Me What Manufacturer Made This Boa 12 years 4 months ago #62202

The hull shape is a "full-V' all the way back to the transom. That would suggest mid to late 1960s hull design or newer.

Andreas

Re:Can Anyone Tell Me What Manufacturer Made This Boa 12 years 4 months ago #62206

Have you contacted the Canadian govt. agency in charge of boat registration, to see what kind of boat is listed for that registration number on the hull ?
I had to do that once to find out who the last registered owner was of a boat I have, so I could contact that person, and have them send me a bill of sale, so I could get it registered in my name.
you know how it goes.... I bought this boat from a person who got it from a person, who got it from a person... who got from a person who died many years ago... just to find out the last person who had it registered still has a valid drivers license and is alive.

Re:Can Anyone Tell Me What Manufacturer Made This Boa 12 years 4 months ago #62386

Thank you...through a little grunt work on the computer and on the phone with Transport Canada...I have managed to find out that this boat was registered as a Crestliner. I did think of doing this at first, but found it rather daunting on the Transport Canada site and couldn't find my answer immediately and gave up searching their site prior to coming on here to post pics and ask my question. After recieving your comment, I tried a couple more times to search it out this way...and after phoning during regulat business hours, and talking to someone at The Office of Access of Information and Privacy Co-ordination...I recieved my answer. They were able to tell me that it was registered as a Crestliner and verified that with the serial number. As I did not require the name of the person who registered it or any other personal info recorded, I did not have to pay a fee or make an application for this info.
Thank you again for your response to my question.

Re:Can Anyone Tell Me What Manufacturer Made This Boa 12 years 4 months ago #62455

Looks like a late fifties or very early sixties MFG to me.

Blest boater
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.214 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle