Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Old Boat Club Shirt

Old Boat Club Shirt 12 years 4 months ago #62096

I've been organizing casual boat meets in Northern California since 2004. Since I live at the North end of the state, and there are two fantastic lakes near by - it makes sense to host a meet in this part of the state. Each year, I have tried to produce a T shirt that commerates the event. It's not everyday that someone cooks up a cool shirt that involves old boats. I thought people might enjoy seeing this design - I think it's one of the coolest we have come up with yet. Our meets are not parking lot shows up here. We camp, have potlucks, sit around the camp fire & swap stories. We use the boats all weekend - just like they were originally intended. A few "trailer Queens" may be in attendance, but most boats get a real workout over the weekend. We pretty much have a ball, and it's a great way to spend time with friends that we have met online.

In the past my, Late boating pal Steve Duffy & I would order up a bunch of shirts & sell them at the meet. We usually lost money, and it was a lot of work. So now I use an online company that makes the shirt per order. They cost more this way, but there is no cash outlay, or the headache of trying to sell shirts to people. In case anyone might want one of these (even though you probably wont be at the meet) I'm putting up a link to the Website. I don't make any profit from these - I just wanted to share - because I think some of you will think it's a cool shirt.

Bruce

www.zazzle.com/2012_shasta_shirt-235452027776783014

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Old Boat Club Shirt 12 years 4 months ago #62104

That is cool. When you buy your shirts are they all white? When they have their Waterways cleanup here they give us shirts and they are always white. I've only missed one year in several because of being in the hospital.

Re:Old Boat Club Shirt 12 years 4 months ago #62109

Robert,

The graphics work best with a white shirt. Some of the colors in the graphic get "lost" if the shirt color is changed. But the company will does offer all sorts of colors. With a colored shirt - it's best to keep the graphics black & white.

Re:Old Boat Club Shirt 12 years 4 months ago #62112

• Andgott
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 0
Nice! I use the Zazzle store for all my shirts, too. They are inexpensive, relative to having small runs made by a screen printer!

Whit works so well because there is not any white ink- so areas of the shirt that are supposed to be white rely on the white shirt... You have to be really careful to design it correctly if you're using a dark tee or it ends up looking funky. Luckily, the Zazzle store shows you EXACTLY what your shirt will look like before you commit to it!

Re:Old Boat Club Shirt 12 years 4 months ago #62148

I personalty dye mine gray. I get dirty easy.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.169 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online