Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: First boat but...what is it??

First boat but...what is it?? 12 years 4 months ago #61842

Hey everyone,New here and just picked up my first boat for $500.I actually took it out fishing first day with no real issues.I want to give it an overhaul,but im not sure exactly what it is or who the manf. is.The trailer says gator on the hub caps,but i cant find much marking on the boat.So if anyone knows the model or maker please chime in.The motor i was told is a 1969 mercury 65 hp.
Which starts hard in the water but fine on land..but thats another story.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:First boat but...what is it?? 12 years 4 months ago #61851

• frog
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
kita, get it in the water quick,IT'S on fire. lol . the trailer is a gator and they are very nice trailers. needs some work but is worth fixing it up. can not tell you anything on the boat. the motor problem is probally simple and we have a few merc guys here that maybe can help you out. after looking at your pic,s again you may want to add a leaf to you springs, looks to be squatting alittle too much. frog

Re:First boat but...what is it?? 12 years 4 months ago #61874

Wow! Another ALUMACRAFT TANGIER. This is the third one to pop up in the last two weeks.

The boat was made by Alumacraft Boat Co. of Minneapolis. They made them in 1960 and 1961, 448 total with only 31 made in 1961.

There is a page showing the 1960 Tangier in the Glassic Library here. Also search on this forum and you will find some recent posts and photos about mine and another one.

Is there a serial number stamped into an aluminum casting on the starboard (right) side at the transom? Mine is W-368.

Your seats are original but I do not see the aluminum door that covers the storage compartment. The stern light is modern and not original. The flames or waves painted on the hull are not original If it was my boat, I'd get rid of them and return it to original.

There is one for sale on Minneapolis craigslist.com in Isanti, MN.

There are some Gator trailer brochures in the Library here as well.

Andreas - another Tangier owner!

Very cool!

Re:First boat but...what is it?? 12 years 4 months ago #61934

Sure is an eye-catcher. Guess we could put this in the custom paint catagory. I'd make the next paint original. Looks like a cool boat. I might leave it as it is for now and make it a winter project.

Re:First boat but...what is it?? 12 years 4 months ago #61963

• Mr. 88
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Need the serial number off the motor to confirm year. It's on a metal plate located above the screw down clamps.

cool runnings Mr 88
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.170 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle