Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Would anyone know the make and year of this boat?

Would anyone know the make and year of this boat? 12 years 4 months ago #61277

• catfish55
  • catfish55's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
I recently bought this boat at a junk yard. Would anyone know the make and year of this boat?
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Would anyone know the make and year of this boat? 12 years 4 months ago #61293

WoW, lets talk about fins. Nice score.

Re:Would anyone know the make and year of this boat? 12 years 4 months ago #61295

CatFish, The boat is a total piece of crap. I realize you are new to the forum so I am going to help you out. Just give me your address and I will come and get it out of your yard before any of your friends see it, or worse yet, a another boater.

These situations are embarrassing to everyone involved so please remove your post as soon as I get the information, so that no one else will see it.

God I hope this works. I love those HUGE fins.

1963 Starcraft 14' Ranger

Re:Would anyone know the make and year of this boat? 12 years 4 months ago #61304

It is not a beeline saphire is it?
Andrew

Re:Would anyone know the make and year of this boat? 12 years 4 months ago #61310

1958 Glasstron Seaflight? Look on this site to see one.

www.theclassicboathouse.com/fins.html

Re:Would anyone know the make and year of this boat? 12 years 4 months ago #61314

First of all, GREAT FIND! This is a novel boat unlike anything ever posted at FiberGlassics.

Not a Bee-Line Sapphire or a Victor, although the fins are similar. What is different is how the top profile line of the fin starts further back than on a Sapphire which is much straighter.

Please post more photos, larger if possible. Also search the boat for any manufacturer's tags, ask the prior owner what they know, and check the registration or title information if available. All are great leads to check when researching an unknown boat.

Re:Would anyone know the make and year of this boat? 12 years 4 months ago #61315

I'd sure like to see some more pics. I like it.

Re:Would anyone know the make and year of this boat? 12 years 4 months ago #61317

• jepstr67
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 1
littlefin wrote:

CatFish, The boat is a total piece of crap. I realize you are new to the forum so I am going to help you out. Just give me your address and I will come and get it out of your yard before any of your friends see it, or worse yet, a another boater.

These situations are embarrassing to everyone involved so please remove your post as soon as I get the information, so that no one else will see it.

God I hope this works. I love those HUGE fins.

Did he buy that? Did you get the address? You could just switch it out for an old Alumicraft or something. Paint fins on the side. He might not notice.

Re:Would anyone know the make and year of this boat? 12 years 4 months ago #61318

• frog
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
catfish, now there is a boat i have been looking for. i love the big fins. nice find , hope to see more pic,s real soon. frog

Re:Would anyone know the make and year of this boat? 12 years 4 months ago #61319

• Andgott
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
That is NOT a boat... It's a huge set of fins that someone attached a small hull to. Seriously cool boat there- I hope you can ID it. Great save!

-Andrew

Re:Would anyone know the make and year of this boat? 12 years 4 months ago #61323

Jepster, Shuush! The others might hear you.

Duct Tape fins should due the trick. He'll never even notice its gone. HeHe.

Re:Would anyone know the make and year of this boat? 12 years 4 months ago #61339

• Split
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
...Sure looked like a Bee Line Sapphire yesterday when he posted .
Could not get to my pic from Mt Dora. We have seen these before
in big collections.

What city do you live in .??..I see you are in MICH , Right where
they were built .

Re:Would anyone know the make and year of this boat? 12 years 4 months ago #61340

Here is a fair swap. A 1960 Lone Staradillac. I too found it in junk in my yard. Very very rare. Ignore the others! I am on my way to help you out. You can trust me I work for the IRS. At least for the first three months of the year.
Attachments:

Florida's Amphicar restoration destination

Re:Would anyone know the make and year of this boat? 12 years 4 months ago #61358

• jim bart
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
WEll, you seem to have created quite a buzz with this find.
Congrats! And hats off to ya for saving it from the crusher at the junkyard.

Re:Would anyone know the make and year of this boat? 12 years 4 months ago #61373

• kajun
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
awesome find! please post larger pics:)

Re:Would anyone know the make and year of this boat? 12 years 4 months ago #61395

• catfish55
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
I live north of Grand Rapids Michigan. From all my research, (due to lack of any paper work on the boat) I have determined that it is not a Bee Line Sapphire, Magnolia, Red Fish, Herters or anything close to resembling it. At this point I am totally stumped!!
Attachments:

Re:Would anyone know the make and year of this boat? 12 years 4 months ago #61397

wellcome catfish,you have a great find for sure,it does have the look of a bee line,maybe its made from a beeline mold,just a few changes made.
whatever it is i love it!
if you could get shots of the transom ,the whole thing,it would help a little more,john

\"too soon old,too late smart\" my pap

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“

---Mark Twain

Re:Would anyone know the make and year of this boat? 12 years 4 months ago #61398

by the way if you could make your pictures bigger,we could click on them and make them full screen,john

\"too soon old,too late smart\" my pap

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“

---Mark Twain

Re:Would anyone know the make and year of this boat? 12 years 4 months ago #61405

• catfish55
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Here is a pic from the rear.
Attachments:

Re:Would anyone know the make and year of this boat? 12 years 4 months ago #61438

• kajun
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
wow...just wow!...i frickin love this boat! i'm sure you will have lots of offers coming your way :) but keep it!!! you have a one of kind boat!

Re:Would anyone know the make and year of this boat? 12 years 4 months ago #61439

1960 BlueFin Whatchamacallit. Built in the state of Confusion. Right near the town of Whatsitville. By a small manufacture, know only for not building flower pots, and creating mass hysteria by consignment only.

Really quite common, and not very rare, even though no others exist. Easily identifiable by the discreet and understated small fins located towards the rear of the craft.

Just a guess!

The Legal Statement: Remember, I am not a professional! And cannot be held responsible for my own statements. The opinions of this poster are not that of the person who created this posting.

Re:Would anyone know the make and year of this boat? 12 years 4 months ago #61447

What is not to LOVE with those fins.

Re:Would anyone know the make and year of this boat? 12 years 4 months ago #61455

• riceman
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
minus the transom, it definetly does look like a sapphire

billscars.com/Boat%20Pages/1957BeelineSaffire.htm

any chance that the transom has been modified?

EDIT: nevermind. lots more is different. shoulda took a second look before posting. oh well. whatever it is, it's nice!

Re:Would anyone know the make and year of this boat? 12 years 4 months ago #61462

catfish55,

fyi, i THINK that you have PACESETTER of TEXAS boat, made in Waco, TX about 1958.

Pacesetter was NOTORIOUS for buying "someone else's hull" (a strip-plywood-planked Chris-Craft SeaSkiff COPY, for example, that i once bought thinking it to be a CC!) & essentially COPYING it after "making a few minor changes". - Pacesetter made a FEW fiberglass hulls before they closed BUT i don't know how few.
(Pacesetter even copied RedFish boats, who often copied Glastron's designs.)

IF that PRETTY HULL came out of TX, it is LIKELY one of those "knock-offs".
i saw a very similar boat at Lake of the Pines in the early 1960s, when i was even more "boat-crazy" than i am now. it was red/white & powered by a Mercury MK78A & it would "FLY".

i hope that helps.

yours, satx

Resistance to tyrants is obedience to Almighty God.
Thomas Jefferson, 1803

Re:Would anyone know the make and year of this boat? 12 years 4 months ago #61464

• catfish55
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
I would consider this possible other than I found it in northern Michigan which makes me somewhat skeptical. My research on Pacesetter has not come up with anything yet. I will continue researching and thanks for the tip.

Re:Would anyone know the make and year of this boat? 12 years 4 months ago #61499

catfish55,

call the Chamber of Commerce in Waco to get the minimum amount of available info on Pacesetter of Texas. - that's the SOLE place that i know of that has (or at least had, when i last tried to get info. - i was trying to get enough information together to write an article on small independent TX boat builders, like Three Rivers, Pleasant Recreation & Hollywood Associates, for 3.)

NOTE: one day, a person in WI will possibly wonder how a TX-made early '60s fiberglassic hull ended up in southern WI. - i pulled a 16' utility with a Mercury MK800 to Ft McCoy in 1974 & sold it before i rotated OCONUS. - as transcient as the USA population is, "regional builder's boats" can end up ANYWHERE.

best wishes. - in any event, you have a PRETTY CLASSY boat for a junkyard recovery!

yours, satx

Thomas Jefferson, 1803

Re:Would anyone know the make and year of this boat? 12 years 4 months ago #61502

to ALL,

for what it's worth, our site library lists 28 Texas boat builders.

there are AT LEAST FIFTY others,that were in the fiberglass boat business, at one time or other, in TX.
(some of those 50+ companies were in business for less than a year & at least one for about 60 days total.)

some of the companies made less than 50 boats & i know of one company that built exactly TWO OB hulls. - some of those companies have NO surviving examples of their wares.
(Hollywood Associates of Harris County, TX has, as far as i can determine, ONE surviving boat. - it's a quite nice 20.5ft utility, with a 265CI Chevy with a conventional inboard set-up.)

SADLY, i was able to find so LITTLE information about many of the 50+ builders that i abandoned the project as "impractical". - and that's a pity, as some of the builders made NICE/CLASSY boats & the proposed article (i think) would have been "interesting" to collectors/"boat nuts"/historians.

yours, satx

Thomas Jefferson, 1803
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.281 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle