Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Unknown boat!! Need fiberglass tips

Unknown boat!! Need fiberglass tips 14 years 5 months ago #6127

Hi, I recently got this boat and am having a lot of trouble finding out any info about it. The registration number on it is missing a number, so that isn't of much use. It doesn't have any markings on the boat or the motor that I can see. It is a single person, pull start, sit on top. The prop can be seen on the underbelly in almost the center of the boat. It is approx 5.5ft x 3 ft. Any help would be appreciated!

I also need any fiberglass refurbishing tips you might have!

Thanks
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Unknown boat!! Need fiberglass tips 14 years 5 months ago #6130

Looks like a Sea Bronco/Sea Jeep/Hydromite/etc, etc, etc. There have been many variants of this made over the years. I have a few. Looks like yours has the motor mounted in the front. I've seen them with the motor in the back, too. The ones I've seen use a six hp Evinrude/Johnson powerhead and lower unit, so parts availability is good. Some have a cage around the prop and LU, some don't. Some steer with two rudders, some steer with one.

As far as fiberglassing goes, the ones I've seen have been made of molded plastic and the top and 'glass on the bottom. I haven't taken the time to research plastic repair, but the glass parts should be straitforward.

Here's some pics I've saved off ebay:
Attachments:

Re:Unknown boat!! Need fiberglass tips 14 years 5 months ago #6132

Fantastic! The pic on the bottom is exactly what it is. How do I find out more about these? Everytime I google "sea jeep" I come up with big 17ft boats, not this. I'm not sure about the quality of the motor currently in it... do you know of what a propper replacement would be? Where is the best place to order parts for these?

Thanks!

Re:Unknown boat!! Need fiberglass tips 14 years 5 months ago #6133

What you're looking at is most of what I've got, in terms of information about these. As far as the motor goes, the ones I've seen are typical mid-seventies OMC 6 horse.

Re:Unknown boat!! Need fiberglass tips 13 years 7 months ago #26046

I have t he same boat and want to sell it but like you can't find any info to price it. Do you have a estimate on a fair market value as mine appears to be ready to go.

We are not boat people even though we live within a rocks throw of Norris Lake in Lafollette, Tennessee.

Mine has a 2 cyl 2 stroke engine that fires up every time. I have numerous pictures.

Thank you for your time. I bet these boats are fun!!

Donna
Attachments:

Re:Unknown boat!! Need fiberglass tips 13 years 7 months ago #26737

Hi could you e mail me the pictures of the Sea Bronco. I am putting mine on Ebay Classifieds and that would be good info to have.

If you know anyone interested my e mail is:

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. or phone number is 865-805-7584.

Thanks,

Donna

Re:Unknown boat!! Need fiberglass tips 13 years 7 months ago #26742

hi donna,try this fella,he has a hydro mite,and he left his email,
heres the thread.. www.fiberglassics.com/fiberglassics-forums/support/hydro-mite-i#5187 ,you might also try putting hydro mite in the search box,im not sure which it is,hydro mite sea jeep,wasp,etc,john

\"too soon old,too late smart\" my pap

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“

---Mark Twain

Re:Unknown boat!! Need fiberglass tips 12 years 6 months ago #57617

we have the same boat we got it from my grandma who said it is called a hydromite ours is missing the back hood and my dad ( who is great with engiens he can take a full size moter apart and put it back together again without a manuel) he can not get it to run any tips the boat was sunk about twenty years ago and was never run since ( it has sit in a shed since the sinking) and from what i heard from my dad is that these things were used as speed boats he also said that he knew a guy who used them to chase down the boats he rented out so it must be fast other than that i don't know anything other than i once saw one for sale and i think it was like $28,000 but im not sure it was a long time ago

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.259 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online