Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: So what's it worth?

So what's it worth? 12 years 4 months ago #61257

We'll I figured that I would through this out there as my wife seems to think "There's no way that Boat is worth anything!" but I on the other hand think the a fully restored 59' Buehler turbocraft is actually worth something. (Oh and I have the original dual wheel Trailer). So has anyone out there seen any at an auction? for sale on e-bay etc. I'm just wondering is my wife finaly wrong about something? I'n any case she's not going anywhere..... The boat, that is.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: So what's it worth? 12 years 4 months ago #61320

There is no blue book for old boats and you are correct in thinking about actual auction sale prices as an indicator of value. Unfortunately it is usually so rare that a particular make or model of classic fiberglass boat comes up for auction that there are few comparisons to be made. Some boats are rare, some are desirable and rare, some are just desirable. Early inboard fiberglass aren't common since they were expensive originally, but that crowd of folks who likes early inboards usually prefer wood boats like Centurys or Chris-Craft, so the sale prices are usually not very high. Though there are some exceptions such as the early Arena-Crafts...

Re:So what's it worth? 12 years 4 months ago #61329

• jepstr67
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 1
Just for reference. Maybe this can help. I know there are those amazing, barn find deals, so let's just throw those out of the mix.

I paid $5500 for my complete, original, unrestored, Evinrude Playmate in very good to excellent condition, complete with the original Evinrude Trailer. The only things I'm missing are an original spare tire, 2 hub caps and the owner's manual for the boat.

I don't think I got an amazing deal, but I think I paid a fair price for a great classic boat. Yes there are other boats out there I could have bought cheaper, but this one sat in a boat museum for the past 10 years. So yes, it's in great condition. (oh, and it runs too) ;)

I think the important thing here is the complete unit is worth more than just the boat, just the trailer, and so on.

I'd say the wife is wrong on this one!

Re:So what's it worth? 12 years 4 months ago #61332

• Shelby18
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 0
Jamie, I think you know how I feel!

The trailer, does it have the hubcaps / and or any of the original markings? If so I'd sure love to see photos.

Great to be on board.
Rick
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.181 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login