• Page:

TOPIC: The old Helton Boats Works

The old Helton Boats Works 12 years 4 months ago #60794

• TallTexan
  • TallTexan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
I found myself south of downtown Houston near the old Helton Boats Works so I stopped by. Well the only surviving Helton was there (Terry) (only 51 yrs). We talked a bit about his dad and grandfather, he showed me the last Helton boat built and most of the way restored.

We talked about how the Gov is working hard to shut him down with EPA rules and city taxes and rules. He had to sell the lot/showroom across the street a few years ago for he just could not sell enough glass boats to make it worth while. (a case where the city over took him and now not a good area).

He did give me a old 1958 Helton calendar and a 50s Helton decal to use to reproduce ones for my boat when I am done.
I am going back and taking my laptop and scanner as to scan all of the flyers that he has and the write up in the 3 difference magazines about Helton Boats Works

I asked him to please write some more about the Co as to be able to save it. He has a small write up on his web site, however he said he will do what he can.

heltonboatworks.com/helton_history.htm

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

CAVU

Re:The old Helton Boats Works 12 years 4 months ago #60796

Neato! :)

Please SCAN everything you get your paws on and share it with the library here!!!!!

Andreas

Re:The old Helton Boats Works 12 years 4 months ago #60825

• MarkS
  • Thank you received: 5
Very Cool TT! Sounds like you hit an ever-shortening "window of opportunity" there, good on ya. Kinda sad to hear what's happening with the Helton company and their facility, another "sign of the times" I guess.

Mark
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.203 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle