Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: 1959 Trident Glasspar

1959 Trident Glasspar 12 years 5 months ago #60300

I just bought a 1959 Trident Glasspar 15', my son and I are wanting to restore it. It is still useable we have had it on the lake already. This is my first boat so I'm learning as I go. Any suggestions would be great. How can I find original parts? How do find a good picture of how the inside is suppose to look? Theie have been some alterations unfortunately that I have to undo.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:1959 Trident Glasspar 12 years 5 months ago #60302

Wykie, Have you checked the Library? www.fiberglassics.com/library/Glasspar

Bandit - 1959 Glasspar G3
See more G3s at www.g3owners.com

Re:1959 Trident Glasspar 12 years 5 months ago #60304

Yes I have and I've found the brochures I'm hoping for a more detail

Re:1959 Trident Glasspar 12 years 5 months ago #60308

• MarkS
  • Thank you received: 5
One thing you might try is typing "Glasspar Trident" in the search forum box in the upper, right hand corner. It will bring up all the posts on that subject, might be some good info and pictures there. Welcome aboard by the way, and share some pictures of your new project when you get a chance.

Mark

Re:1959 Trident Glasspar 12 years 5 months ago #60382

• Split
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
.."W".: WELCOME from East Tenn. Here is a link for some brochure pics from the Glasspar group classicglasspars.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=151:1958-trident&catid=96&Itemid=290
There were a few members that had them & I beieve the GLASS curved windshield is the signature piece.. If you are missing that (?) it could be tough find. There is a Mid West chapter of the Glasspar
group around the ILL, area.. Our major member here ,Bill ANderson has a few Glasspars. Do not believe a Trident.
. Write again if you need more info , Will try & find you a owner.

Re:1959 Trident Glasspar 12 years 5 months ago #60399

Thank you, I will post pictures as soon as I can

Re:1959 Trident Glasspar 12 years 5 months ago #60401

Thanks for the help. The boat is in good shape and the windshield is in good condition. Can you tell me what was used for a horn and where they were placed.

Re:1959 Trident Glasspar 12 years 5 months ago #60404

hi,i see that you are in ohio. what part? i am in eastern ohio and currently have eight glasspars. usually the deck hardware was installed by the selling dealer. horns were usually either electric or air and mounted on the deck,singly or in pairs. could also be mounted with a spotlight. there was a bow light that had a horn in it too. skipp

Re:1959 Trident Glasspar 12 years 5 months ago #60405

I'm in North Canton

Re:1959 Trident Glasspar 12 years 5 months ago #60423

Interesting. There is what I think is a 59 Trident parked in the lot by my local fiberglass supply shop. It actually looks in decent shape. This has the seating option with the rear seats running parallel to the centerline (see brochure). The front and one of the rear seats have been removed and replaced, but there is one original rear seat still intact. If you want, I can go get a picture.

When it comes to deck hardware like horns, there was no standard placement for the most part. Just look at some pics and get an idea of where they typically are.

Love the low profile windshield. Not sure how practical, but it does give a nice look.

Todd (aka thetudor)
1964 Custom Craft Aqua Ray
1959 Glastron Seaflite
1959 Tomahawk Spirit

Re:1959 Trident Glasspar 12 years 5 months ago #60435

If you could please get a picture that would be great thank you, I would like to see how it is setup. What kind of material was used for the flooring as and side walls?

Re:1959 Trident Glasspar 12 years 5 months ago #60437

the interiors of glasspars were painted with zolatone,that is still available. most of the"tritites"(followers of bill trit,the founder of glasspar)redo the interiors with it when they restore their boats. i took a quick look in my pics but didn't find a good pic of an interior. i answered your email,so you will be able to get in touch with me. i am less than an hour from you and you are welcome to come down and look at a couple of original glasspars i have for ideas. as for hardware,the allen jervis line was very popular for the glasspars. you might want to check out www.clasicglasspars.com too. skipp

Re:1959 Trident Glasspar 12 years 5 months ago #60449

• Split
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
..W.: Here is the prior forum thread of floor paint/ coverings .
fiberglassics.com/glassic-forums/2-main-forum/47624-speckled-paint.html#47685 Some Glasspar posters in there & pics.
If one does the Black splatter, I heard a OLD stiff masonary or
wallpaper glue brush works well. Thicker plastic bristles.

Re:1959 Trident Glasspar 12 years 5 months ago #60473

Sling the splatter paint with a pencil or your fingers!!! Pencil works great.

Jim Savage

Re:1959 Trident Glasspar 12 years 5 months ago #60478

thanks alot guys, I'm learning alot as I go forward with this. I have to remove the front seats the previous owner put fold down seats on short pedestals which puts u above the windshield

Re:1959 Trident Glasspar 12 years 5 months ago #60644

It took me a little time to put this together, but here are photos of the original seats in the Trident near me. The support is the typical plywood frame, but it doesn't look like the enclosed box. The ends are at least partially open. Couldn't really see.

Todd (aka thetudor)
1964 Custom Craft Aqua Ray
1959 Glastron Seaflite
1959 Tomahawk Spirit

Re:1959 Trident Glasspar 12 years 5 months ago #60646

Thank you for the pics.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.220 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online