Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: How best to bring old fiberglass to life?

How best to bring old fiberglass to life? 12 years 5 months ago #60244

Hi Guys,
I'm new to this site, having finally given up on wooden boats which I've built and maintained for many years ...I picked up a 78 princecraft which has come through the years in pretty good shape ..It needed all new interior which I'm close to finishing and I was wondering if anyone out there could recommend a good product to help bring back it's original luster which I get a glimpse of when she's wet. It's a sky blue ....Thanks for your help ...Wm.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:How best to bring old fiberglass to life? 12 years 5 months ago #60281

Aqua,
Welcome aboard, glad to have you here. Post some pics of your boat, we love pics! Depending on how bad your hull is will depend on what you have to do. Min was pretty chaulky and I wet sanded it from 400 all the way up to 2000, than used a buffer and rubbing compound, then polishing compound. Finished it with a good carnuba wax. You could see my car in the reflection from 8 feet away. I probably didn't have to sand with all those grits but that's what I though it needed. Is the hull chaulky? You may be able to just get away with rubbing compound then polishing compound. Post some pics and we can go from there Others will chime in here, soon.

Bob

Re:How best to bring old fiberglass to life? 12 years 5 months ago #60294

Thanks Bob...I'm trying to figure out how to send pics...the hull appears to have been painted over ...so I'll leave it alone for now and just polish up the top which hasn't. Wm.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.153 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online