• Page:

TOPIC: Our Trip to Lake Powell

Our Trip to Lake Powell 12 years 5 months ago #60215

• John3
  • John3's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Claire & I had a Great time on the Lake. We left Los Angeles April 14, a day late. It always takes more time, to get ready, than I think it will. Stopped to visit my Daughter & Son-in Law in AZ for 2 days. Launched on the 17th traveled about 106 miles up River, visited many of the side canyons, arrived back home the 27th.
The weather cooperated the entire time, Sunny & Mild. one day with a little rain but not enough to mention.
One of our truly outstanding memories was our overnight stay in Forgotten Canyon. It was a Beautiful, Clear Night. The Canyon Walls are high & our cove was just large enough for the Boat. We looked up at the Night Sky and overhead, there were literally Millions of Clear, Bright Shining Stars. I've never seen so many Stars in such a small amount of Sky. It must have been a combination of the Altitude, Clarity of the Atmosphere and absolute absence of Light. Wish I had brought a tri-pod so I could have tried to take a picture.

This is a site where I posted some Pictures:

wayneswords.com/index.php/ww-bulletinboard/5-lake-powell-recreation/31337-a-lazy-week-a-a-half

And, this is a site where I posted a short Video. Hope it all works!

www.yousendit.com/dl?phi_action=app/orchestrateDownload&rurl=https%253A%252F%252Fwww.yousendit.com%252Ftransfer.php%253Faction%253Dbatch_download%2526batch_id%253DM3BuZm1hb Eo4aU1aQ2NUQw&s=301019&cid=pm-03002124310600000000%253B301019&locale=en_US

John

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Our Trip to Lake Powell 12 years 5 months ago #60218

• MarkS
  • Thank you received: 5
Beautiful pics John, looks like a great time. (Couldn't get the video link to work though.) Thanks for sharing.

Mark

Re: Our Trip to Lake Powell 12 years 5 months ago #60221

Great pics!! Wish we could visit that area with our boat!! Biggest rock we see here in Florida is about the size of a wheel barrow!!!!

Jim Savage

Re: Our Trip to Lake Powell 12 years 5 months ago #60229

• g3jim
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
WOW. Lazy Week Cruising Perfection!!

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.158 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online