Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Wanted to Buy Evinrude Controls

Wanted to Buy Evinrude Controls 12 years 5 months ago #59803

I'm looking for a set of controls or at least the cables for a 1960 40 hp Evinrude Lark II. The cables need to be a minimum of 13'.
Any help would be really appreciated. Thanks

Tom Miller
Priest River, Idaho

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Wanted to Buy Evinrude Controls 12 years 5 months ago #59813

• riceman
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 0
what style controls do you have? i didn't realize that the ends of the cables changed over the years and i ended up with a box that wasn't compatible with the cables i wanted to use and now i have to go buy another set of cables.

also, i have controls with cables on them that may work for you. i'll have to check the length when i get home from work. they might be only 12' though.

Re:Wanted to Buy Evinrude Controls 12 years 5 months ago #59849

The controls are actually Johnson. I wish I had a pic. The controls are at an old guys house and he's gone for a couple of days. He was trying to make something work, but I don't think it's going to happen. The ends that go in the controller box go through a round hole in the white plastic and the cable goes to the end and gets secured by two set screws at the very end. I'll get pics asap and post them.
Thanks
Tom

Re:Wanted to Buy Evinrude Controls 12 years 5 months ago #59878

Johnson and evinrude should be the same. My 25hp rude big twin and 35 horse johnson sea horse are the same. I have both kinds, control boxes with cables. Let me check at the shop. Ill take some measurements and snap some pics. i have a few extras hanging around

Re:Wanted to Buy Evinrude Controls 12 years 5 months ago #59885

• riceman
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
That sounds like the older style to me. The newer cables I have extras of wouldn't work for your older style controls, and I need a 12' set of cables just like you're talking about. If you're interested in changing out the controls too, I've got the set with the cables, but my cables are only 12'. The ends at the motor will be the same regardless, it's just the ends that connect to the controls that are different.

Here's a link to a thread I started while asking about the different cable ends:

www.fiberglassics.com/glassic-forums/2-main-forum/59244-throttleshift-cable-ends-interchangeable.html

The first pic has the newer style ends. The second has the older style.

Re:Wanted to Buy Evinrude Controls 12 years 5 months ago #59954

Yep I'm needing the cable ends in your second pic. But I need a minimum of 13' in length. Thanks for the offer !!!
Tom

Re:Wanted to Buy Evinrude Controls 12 years 5 months ago #59966

Tom i know i have what u are looking for. Got busy today and forgot to measure. Give me a call tomorrow, (618)710-0111 anywhere from 9 to 5, well get er figured out.
Jon

Re:Wanted to Buy Evinrude Controls 12 years 5 months ago #59995

I tried calling and they said you wouldn't be in till the afternoon - so I'll try back then or you can call me at 208-428-9502 anytime.
Thanks !
Tom

Re:Wanted to Buy Evinrude Controls 12 years 5 months ago #60077

OK Jon's controls and cables didn't work out - Thanks for the effort though Jon !
So I'm still looking..
Tom

Re:Wanted to Buy Evinrude Controls 12 years 5 months ago #60082

hi tom,its nice to meet you,i may have what you need,but i need a picture to be sure,you can send it to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. ,if you can find a pic of what you need let me know,john

\"too soon old,too late smart\" my pap

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“

---Mark Twain

Re:Wanted to Buy Evinrude Controls 12 years 5 months ago #60084

Tom, did you try that number for american outboard salvage I gave ya?

Re:Wanted to Buy Evinrude Controls 12 years 5 months ago #60104

• riceman
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
John - Fiddynine said he needed cabless with ends that looked like this at the control box:

... if you happen to have TWO 13' sets, let me know =).
Attachments:

Re:Wanted to Buy Evinrude Controls 12 years 5 months ago #60137

i will take a look and let you know soon.

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“

---Mark Twain

Re:Wanted to Buy Evinrude Controls 12 years 5 months ago #60138

if i do he can have them free,if i can get them out of the glaspar lido without a problem,lol.
all i ask is that it gets paid forward,to someone elselol.john

---Mark Twain

Re:Wanted to Buy Evinrude Controls 12 years 5 months ago #60245

boy im sorry,i looked at them and they are not the right ones,im really sorry i couldnt help,john

---Mark Twain
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.198 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle