Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: 61 hydrodyne gelcoat removal

61 hydrodyne gelcoat removal 12 years 5 months ago #59675

Been a while since I posted...but here it is. I tried sandblasting with black beauty coal slag, but it just took forever with the limited equipment I have. So I went back to using my orbital sander with 40 grit. After 6 hours, here's how it's going. (refer to pictures). My plan, after all is removed, is to use west system epoxy resin with low density filler to fill and fair. Does anyone think I need to lay an additional layer of cloth first? Then, I plan on using brightsides paint (black) to roll and tip the deck. The hull's white gelcoat is pretty thin. So I plan on ruffing up the surface with 220 grit and then priming and painting with brightsides (white) Any comments are greatly appreciated!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Dreams do become reality!

Re:61 hydrodyne gelcoat removal 12 years 5 months ago #59678

• Shipster
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 0
I'd think twice before painting your deck black. It'll get hotter than hell on your feet.

Re:61 hydrodyne gelcoat removal 12 years 5 months ago #59787

I need to add the pinstriping back to the deck, port and stern. I have already made pencil rubs for future reference in case I need them. After filling and fairing, I was thinking about using a Dremel with a carbide bit and carving out the "channels" for each stripe. However, it seems it may be better just to get pin striping from an automotive dealer and lay it on the flat surface. Any ideas?

Dreams do become reality!
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.169 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle