Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Old boat information

Old boat information 12 years 5 months ago #59645

I have recently acquired a little (7')red boat. From the builders plate, it was manufactured in the mid 1950s by "Carolina Fiberglass Products Co." in Wilson NC. The plate also shows a "Type AB" and a "Ser No. 615".
The boat is a child's play boat designed to look a little like a race boat. I have it upside down doing some f/g repairs but when I flip it back I will post a photo.
I am looking for any information anyone might have on the builder.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Old boat information 12 years 5 months ago #59651

Looks like Carolina Fiberglass Products made a variety of fiberglass products such as tanks and machine hoods in the late 1960s into the early 1970s.

A few hits from Google Books when searching "Carolina Fiberglass Products":

"This fiber glass-reinforced plastic striker boat was found undamaged, floating off the coast of Bermuda, after being adrift in the Atlantic Ocean for more than 14 months. She withstood the pounding of three hurricanes and was discovered by a Coast Guardsman. The boat was manufactured by Carolina Fiberglass Products Company of Wilson, North Carolina." The Rudder magazine, volume 76, 1960.

"THE MANUFACTURER OF THE BOAT, CAROLINA FIBERGLASS PRODUCTS COMPANY, SAID THAT TEN AND A HALF CUBIC FEET OF STYROFOAM IN THREE FLOTATION TANKS HELPED KEEP THE I2-FOOT BOAT AFLOAT." Park Practice Grist, Park Practice Program, 1960, US National Park Service

Google News archive turned up the following articles:

An April 6, 1961 ad in the Bladen Journal advertising Shearwater fiberglass runabouts and fishing skiffs. Address given as 510 East Jones St., Wilson, N.C.
news.google.com/newspapers?id=yMFDAAAAIBAJ&sjid=Xq8MAAAAIBAJ&dq=carolina-fiberglass-products&pg=3774%2C1226572

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.154 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online