TOPIC: What kind of boat is this?

What kind of boat is this? 12 years 5 months ago #59637

• Libella
  • Libella's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi,

I'm looking on the web for a long time to find any information about this boat. The owner says it is a Chris Craft but there is no information to find.

If you have any information please tell!

Thanks, Marco
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: What kind of boat is this? 12 years 5 months ago #59652

If the boat is really a Chris-Craft, it may have a manufacturer's tag, hull number, or other markings. Larger, well-organized manufacturers such as Chris-Craft followed such practices. If the owner cannot turn up an ID plate or will not allow you to inspect the boat yourself, I would be very suspicious that is a Chris-Craft.
I would suggest trying the Chris Craft Antique Boat Club forum for some ID help: www.chris-craft.org/discussion/index.php

Re:What kind of boat is this? 12 years 5 months ago #59668

Welcome aboard.

I do not recognize it. Bit that does not mean it is not a Chris-Craft.

Yes, Chirs-Craft had a very good identification system for their boats. Their records still exist and their boats are very well documented. I also recommend the www.chris-craft.org site and the archive and discussion forum. They have an area for fiberglass boats.

Chris-Craft had a factory in Italy.

Andreas

Re:What kind of boat is this? 12 years 5 months ago #59734

Sure looks like an Owens to me. they made a 22 and a 20, and a few smaller 18s. owens fiberglass competed directly with the big ChrisCrafts and were made in Baltimore Maryland. Owens made plenty of big boats to compete with the Constellation line and this was one of the baby Owens. Last time I was down near the old factory there was a nice Owens looking just like this at a marina nearby to the old factory and it was for sale.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.165 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online