• Page:

TOPIC: Gas can adapter... rare?

Gas can adapter... rare? 12 years 5 months ago #59243

• riceman
  • riceman's Avatar Topic Author
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 0
i've got several old gas cans and i went to cleaning them out and seeing which ones were junk and which ones would be salvageable. came across this fitting on the top of one of the tanks. i've not seen one like it, but i've also not seen a whole heck of a lot of tanks. this one is on the oldest looking tank i've got, so i didn't know if it was an older style one, or what. it is off of a Merc tank and all the rest of mine are Johnson ones, so that could be it too. anyway, the tank is junk, but i can save this port (or whatever it's called) if someone needs it. also just curious about it.

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Gas can adapter... rare? 12 years 5 months ago #59249

It's a Mercury fitting. Not rare or unique in the slightest.

Andreas

Re:Gas can adapter... rare? 12 years 5 months ago #59254

• riceman
  • riceman's Avatar Topic Author
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 0
not worth the effort it would take to clean up and salvage then. thanks for the info! figured i'd at least check before i tossed it

Re:Gas can adapter... rare? 12 years 5 months ago #59354

Hi,
The merits of saving and restoring an old metal fuel tank is certainly debateable, but they long ago stopped making these, so saving them and having an original matching fuel tank is important to some. In comparison to buying a new plastic fuel tank, the restore will likely require parts which will add up to the purchase amount. Still if you have a change of heart, we do have a few items for these tanks to help bring them back, such as the lens for the fuel gauge (yours has turned brown, and cannot be seen through).
Good luck with which ever way you choose.

Regards,
Joe
www.fergusonpoolemarine.com
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Profile Picture:
E. Carl Kiekhaefer (Mercury Founder) & Joe Poole Sr. @ 1964 Mercury Dealer Meeting
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.170 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online