• Page:

TOPIC: Stern Light questions...

Stern Light questions... 12 years 6 months ago #58841

• riceman
  • riceman's Avatar Topic Author
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 0
can anyone ID this light? i'm curious as to who made it and/or when... a rough idea, anyway?

i'm also trying to get a bulb for it. the socket seems pretty standard:

i went to the auto parts store looking for a single filament, double pin bulb that would fit it. the only one they had was a #1004 bulb. turns out that bulb is too tall though. anyone have a bulb # that works?

last thing: when the screws are tightened down and the top is secured, the glass dome is still loose. is there supposed to be a gasket or o-ring or something in there to secure the glass piece? i'd REALLY hate to have it rattle around and break while cruising down the river...
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Stern Light questions... 12 years 6 months ago #58850

• knots
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
These guys might be able to help you:

www.imperialsupplies.com/grp194.shtml

Re: Stern Light questions... 12 years 6 months ago #58851

hi riceman...that is a cool light...most call it the jettson light because it looks like george jettson's car/space ship....do a search for jettson light and you should find a pic of the gasket and some other glassheads who have one so should have the bulb number....john

Re: Stern Light questions... 12 years 6 months ago #58872

The light was made by Attwood in the 60s & 70s.

Use a #90 bulb, it has the round dome vs the 1004 with the oval dome.

Re:Stern Light questions... 12 years 6 months ago #58874

• riceman
  • riceman's Avatar Topic Author
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
Thanks for the info! just got back from buying my bulbs! turns out the part store did have 'em... they were just way out of sight. the guy that works there didn't think they had ANY bulbs that had just a 2 digit part number. we all learned something new today =)

redfish - i did some googling and found lots of variations of the light that are out there. lots of info about all sorts of stuff, except the gasket or the lack thereof.

i did also find that the ones with the purple dome were only produced until 1969. after that they were produced with a white dome.

Re:Stern Light questions... 12 years 6 months ago #58881

I have an old Attwood with a bad socket and was thinking about converting it to LED. I don't want the replacement top one's but want to keep the vintage head. Just a thought though.

Re:Stern Light questions... 12 years 5 months ago #58906

riceman wrote:

can anyone ID this light? i'm curious as to who made it and/or when... a rough idea, anyway?

i'm also trying to get a bulb for it. the socket seems pretty standard:

i went to the auto parts store looking for a single filament, double pin bulb that would fit it. the only one they had was a #1004 bulb. turns out that bulb is too tall though. anyone have a bulb # that works?

last thing: when the screws are tightened down and the top is secured, the glass dome is still loose. is there supposed to be a gasket or o-ring or something in there to secure the glass piece? i'd REALLY hate to have it rattle around and break while cruising down the river...

those are rare and hard to find and not cheep if you do find one,careful with the globe . lol

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.180 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online