Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Insurance for Antique Fiberglass Boats

Insurance for Antique Fiberglass Boats 14 years 5 months ago #5829

For my classic and antique cars I insure them through JC Taylor, although there are several other insurance companies that specialize in antique cars, at a fraction of the cost to insure through a bigger company like State Farm, Allstate or Progressive.

Is there a similar insurance company that specializes in antique / classic fiberglass boats or antique outboards?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

The Scottsman
Scottish by birth, American by law,
Texan by the grace of God.

Re:Insurance for Antique Fiberglass Boats 14 years 5 months ago #5847

Hagerty in Traverse City, MI and Ski Safe in upstate New York.

Re:Insurance for Antique Fiberglass Boats 14 years 5 months ago #5850

Heritage Marine Insurance in Mystic, CT. 95% of their business is classic boats. heritagemarineinsurance.com/ (OK, a friend of mine runs it)

Todd (aka thetudor)
1964 Custom Craft Aqua Ray
1959 Glastron Seaflite
1959 Tomahawk Spirit

Re:Insurance for Antique Fiberglass Boats 14 years 5 months ago #5852

• g3jim
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
I have always used Heritage and thankfully have never had to file a claim. Reasonable rates .....it is what they specialize in.... and they are wicked nice.

Re:Insurance for Antique Fiberglass Boats 14 years 5 months ago #5853

Hey Jim!

How ya doin? I haven't heard from you in a while. I hope everything is okay.

I haven't even thought about insurance for the Power Cat. We aren't required to have it in NYS. Why would I want it?

Frank

Re:Insurance for Antique Fiberglass Boats 14 years 5 months ago #5869

• jim bart
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 0
AS far as Liability, my home/ auto/ personal polices have riders covering me in a boating incident. However I don't have any coverage for replacement value of my boats.

Check, you, as a person, on an existing policy, may be covered, as far as liability.

Re:Insurance for Antique Fiberglass Boats 14 years 5 months ago #5948

i've had hagerty for 5 years now. $315 annually. ron

Re:Insurance for Antique Fiberglass Boats 14 years 5 months ago #5954

I would check out Progressive. There rates are the best I have found and they have been easy to work with.

Re:Insurance for Antique Fiberglass Boats 14 years 5 months ago #5955

keep in mind when checking rates that you compare apples to apples. if i remember correctly progressive and hagerty were about the same. i met hagerty reps at mt. dora in 06 and signed up there.

Re:Insurance for Antique Fiberglass Boats 13 years 11 months ago #18079

B) B) yes there is one plz try this one
\http://www.google.co.in/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CBYQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fhubpages.com%2Fhub%2FAntique-motorcycle-insurance&rct=j&q=insurance%20company%20that%20specializes%20in%20antique&ei=ujbATOOTEpD8vQPlhdGvCA&usg=AFQjCNFY-n8u9DeGQOlqeL7siZD__BSImw&sig2=qxwTn_xkW99V7Knx_Onlwg&cad=rja

I feel this one a good one :laugh:
=================================
Cheapest Car insurance

Re:Insurance for Antique Fiberglass Boats 13 years 11 months ago #18092

Hagerty denied me because they said a tunnel hull boat was a racing boat. I told them (at the time) the boat wouldn't go 40! They didn't care. I won't put here what I think of them.

I went to my independent agent and he got me insurance for 100 bucks.

Frank

Re:Insurance for Antique Fiberglass Boats 13 years 11 months ago #18124

I highly recommend Hagerty. Contact Carla...she is the greatest. I have my entire collection of oldies (30) insured with them.

woodboat
Corinne (in Dixie) B)

Re:Insurance for Antique Fiberglass Boats 13 years 11 months ago #18153

Hey Frank, Maybe Hagerty saw your forum photo of you flying in the air! Sorry..... very much just kidding you. Carla has always been a gem with us and our GarWood that had a tendency to take on WAY too much water. What about Boat US?

Corinne-I'm way too jealous for words.... 30 jeez I want to be you!

Jerri (also in Dixie)

Re:Insurance for Antique Fiberglass Boats 13 years 11 months ago #18155

Jerri, when I was talking to Hagerty, my boat could hardly get out of its own way, let alone get air! That's what got me so incensed. Now I'm right where this boat was designed to be - 45/46 at WOT. I am NOT impressed with Hagerty, and doubt I would ever give them a call for anything. Obviously I know they insure a lot of folks, so it must just be me out of joint!

Frank

Re:Insurance for Antique Fiberglass Boats 13 years 11 months ago #18569

LOL Frank, I understand! Our first boat had a tendency to take on so much water I am amazed anyone would insure her! Sorry to hear about your trials with Hagerty.

Re:Insurance for Antique Fiberglass Boats 12 years 11 months ago #48068

I insure my Pontiac through the Hartford insurance. I have my antique auto insurance through them. I am not aware about boats specifically but you can go through there portal. It might help you.

Re:Insurance for Antique Fiberglass Boats 12 years 11 months ago #48072

hey todd,is it run by quentin?the very nice guy that gave me the devil ray from the mystic seaport muesum?,if so it would be cool to have them insure it,if i eve get it done,let alone get to work on it,lol,john

\"too soon old,too late smart\" my pap

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“

---Mark Twain

Re:Insurance for Antique Fiberglass Boats 12 years 11 months ago #48079

John,

Quentin is in charge of the shipyard at Mystic Seaport. His job is to restore and maintain the museum's collections. He was in charge of building the replica of the Amistad and the current restoration of the Charles W. Morgan, the last wooden whaling ship. He's a fan of glassics and was hoping to restore your boat and another CC he had, but realized it wasn't going to happen. I believe prior to the CCs, he had a 1958 Glastron. www.mysticseaport.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=home.viewPage&page_id=05F74191-D78C-D0C6-64E2AB6C7E72F3B6

Heritage Marine Insurance is run by a guy named Jim Cassidy. He comes from the world of classic wooden sailboats. I've know him for 20+ years. I pay about $400 per year for insurance on the Aqua Ray.

FWIW, supposedly Mystic Seaport has a 1952 Plasticraft in it's collection. It's in storage and I'm going to try to get a look at it at some point.

Todd (aka thetudor)
1964 Custom Craft Aqua Ray
1959 Glastron Seaflite
1959 Tomahawk Spirit
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.219 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

Fenders - Tee Nee trailer
( / Parts / Miscellaneous)

noimage
09-30-2024

1958 Skagit Sportster
( / Boats)

1958 Skagit Sportster
09-25-2024

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
( / Boats)

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
09-16-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 8160 guests and 3 members online