Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Vollrath Stern Light Advice, Please

Vollrath Stern Light Advice, Please 12 years 6 months ago #58050

I recently obtained a very nice Vollrath stern light. I need to rewire it, because the wire insulation is all cracked and broken. Can anyone tell me how to get the light off the pole and get to the bulb and wiring? Is it threaded or pressed on? And how do you get the lens off to change the bulb?
Thanks,
Bill
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Vollrath Stern Light Advice, Please 12 years 6 months ago #58058

i have one of these and the lens is held in by the gasket. be careful prying on it as the base is thin and will come break loose from the pole. then, you will have to weld it. nice find,hard to come by. :)

Re:Vollrath Stern Light Advice, Please 12 years 6 months ago #58122

Thanks for your response. I thought the lens was held in by the gasket, but couldn't believe it. Not sure where I'd get another gasket, so I don't think I'll mess with it. I think I'll sell it as is and let the buyer rewire it. Currently, there's an intermittant open somewhere in the wiring so the light flickers, but works. Any idea what it's worth?

Re:Vollrath Stern Light Advice, Please 12 years 6 months ago #58135

Glass lens or plastic? If glass, perhaps you can apply some heat to help the gasket material release. You can always fashion another gasket from readily available automotive gasket material or find another means of reattaching the lens.

Re:Vollrath Stern Light Advice, Please 12 years 6 months ago #58142

The lens is plastic, that's why I'm reluctant to apply heat. I'm afraid of applying too much and clouding the lens or using any chemicals to try to help it out. I figured if I do get it out, I can use black or clear silicone to put it back in (if the gasket gets destroyed), but the real trick I see is saving the lens.

Re:Vollrath Stern Light Advice, Please 12 years 6 months ago #58292

Bill,

If you are considering selling the stern light, please let me know. I seriously need a Vollrath Sternlight to complete my Vollrath set. I will PM you if possible. Thanks. Leemo.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.181 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online