• Page:

TOPIC: Home for Down and Out Boaters

Home for Down and Out Boaters 12 years 6 months ago #57239

• Todd
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Afternoon Folks,

After reading the forum today, I have come to the conclusion that someone must take action soon. There needs to be a home for all of us pending divorce or at least seeking a safehaven for a while after brining the newest addition to the fleet home. (Luckily I'm not pending divorce or eviction by the wife for my addiction to old boats, but that day may come!)

My vision is simple. The home needs to have very basic rooms above garage stalls large enough to store and do work on our beloved fiberglassics. A seperate building or addition for those needing more room could be established in Phase II of the Home for Down and Out Boaters. A communal dining area with multiple TV screens will suffice for the time when we aren't sanding, 'glassing, painiting drill, screwing or the other tasks that are involved in keeping the old glass warriors in the water. The furniture in the bedrooms will be minimal - heck, most of us will probably just sleep in the garage bays - closer to where we want to be anyway. Wifi throughout the place is a no-brainer - how else would we access Fiberglassics? We may even want to put in two offices in the home. One can be for a very understanding notary to handle license and title issue and the other can be for a lawyer to handle the legal proceedings that arose from, "I swear it followed me home!" or "It was a deal I just couldn't pass up!"

You see gang, I like to look to the future. Better weather is just around the corner. I am very sure a good deal on a 'glassic will come my way and that may mean trouble.

Best wishes to everyone. Stay the course and stay safe!

Todd

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Home for Down and Out Boaters 12 years 6 months ago #57254

• Shipster
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
HERE, HERE!!!

Re:Home for Down and Out Boaters 12 years 6 months ago #57255

I don't know about the rest of you, but I don't want to live over top of a garage bay full of paint and resin fumes. However, the basic idea has merit. I was thinking along the idea of a 100 +/- year old factory building and some of the surrounding multi family factory housing. Make our own little "Glassicsville" (Our own reality show; "The Real Ex-housewives of Glassicsville"). How about a shopping center with Jamestown Distributors as an anchor store?

Todd (aka thetudor)
1964 Custom Craft Aqua Ray
1959 Glastron Seaflite
1959 Tomahawk Spirit

Re:Home for Down and Out Boaters 12 years 6 months ago #57263

No interest here, with all the little pills that are available these days I intend to pinch bootie & boobies as long as I can :kiss:

Re:Home for Down and Out Boaters 12 years 6 months ago #57268

No interest here, with all the little pills that are available these days I intend to pinch bootie & boobies as long as I can /code] LMAO ROTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Bob[code]No interest here, with all the little pills that are available these days I intend to pinch bootie & boobies as long as I can /code] LMAO ROTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bob

Re:Home for Down and Out Boaters 12 years 6 months ago #57355

• jim bart
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
Why not a "deer camp" setup? Haul in the project, work on it extensivly for a few weeks, and then rerturn to civilization with your trophy.
...I can almost smell the combination, of bacon, coffee, and fiberglass dust. OK, and beer, too.

Re:Home for Down and Out Boaters 12 years 6 months ago #57357

Well I'm retired but I have multiple interests and I bet most of you do. I too do the but and titty pinching but they belong to my wife. But alas I may find another friendlier place. Seems every time I post I lose Karma points. Hey people if you don't want me here tell me I'll leave. I don't play infantile games. If you don't like me come out in the open and let fly. Get it out in the open and don't leave it get stagnant in your heart. I can take it. :unsure: I have lots of other places I participate in. I enjoy my old boats and there is more than one answer to a problem. I'll enjoy my boat if I'm not here or not. It's not a big issue with me. I'm not here to piss in anybody's cornflakes.

Re:Home for Down and Out Boaters 12 years 6 months ago #57358

robert

wear it as a badge of courage, I deliberately took myself to neg 50 just to piss in the cornflakes of the infantile minds that play the foolish karma point thing.Ignore those ridiculous numbers

if you believe in karma your in charge not the fools

Re:Home for Down and Out Boaters 12 years 6 months ago #57361

JimBart,

sounds like a winner to me. - my Sandra doesn't much care for "monuments" or "projects in being" (unless it is something that benefits HER, like the dresser that i worked on for WEEKS to get all the !@#$%^! buttermilk paint off of & refinish! - she is a "woman", after all & needs not be consistent!)on our property.

yours, satx

Resistance to tyrants is obedience to Almighty God.
Thomas Jefferson, 1803

Re:Home for Down and Out Boaters 12 years 6 months ago #57394

• Ike
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 14
Not a bad idea, a home for projects. Hard to achieve when you live in a Motorhome at an RV park.

As for bringing home projects, my wife and I still joke about a "parts car" I bought back in the 70's to have parts for my Opel Manta. I ended up selling both. I loved that car but I loved my wife more.

Currently I have 1972 Sea Ray that needs restoration sitting in the RV park's storage lot, in the rain. Waiting patiently for Spring!

I too still do the boobies and booty thing but I don't need no pills, thank God.

Peter D. Eikenberry
newboatbuilders.com
"Don't tell me that I can't. tell me how I can."
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.203 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024