Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: found this, how much is it worth?

found this, how much is it worth? 12 years 6 months ago #57186

boat is complete as is was stored in running order quite some time ago.

1979 chrysler 691cc 45hp 9= long shaft,electric start w alternator,magna power ignition,459H9H is from 1979 with a new starter installed ($140) last time it was used. All controls are there.

Aquabird from nautalloy wheel.

The seats are white & trashed but the frames are intact for duplication.

Is is worth being my project or is somebody interested? No trailer, pickup in the central valley CA only.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:found this, how much is it worth? 12 years 6 months ago #57202

no replies huh, am I in the right forum? Sorry if not. Got more pics but I dunno how to post several at once.
Attachments:

Re:found this, how much is it worth? 12 years 6 months ago #57217

• Mr. 88
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
IMHO I would not invest a dime.It does have dollar signs written all over it,sadly it's all coming out of your pocket.The motor is not sought after and the hull,again IMHO is bland and needs a total resto $$$$. If it has some sentimental value then by all means offer them a buck,other than that keep looking.

cool runnings Mr 88

Re:found this, how much is it worth? 12 years 6 months ago #57218

At such a condition, the boat is worth the sum of the parts. Such a large investment would be required in fiberglass supplies, paint, new hardware/refinishing hardware, new windshield, seats, trailer, and motor servicing that may be better invested in a boat that really strikes your interest. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, however, so if this is a boat you really are interested in, they say offer $100 to $200 which is really the value of the motor.

Re:found this, how much is it worth? 12 years 6 months ago #57235

thanks for the advices. got the boat for free actually but no title, trying to know what to do with it.

I put it on craigslist for $60 if someone want to haul it away, otherwise I might take the wheel off, the motor might go for scrap metal then (shame!).
Attachments:

Re:found this, how much is it worth? 12 years 6 months ago #57236

Put the motor on Ebay or Craigslist before you scrape it. i myself love Chryslers. I don't understand why the get such a bad rap. I've got a 35, 45, 70, 90, 105, and a 125. They are simple to work on and I have only been let down once. That happened with the 105 after a massive storm broke the pontoon boat loose from the dock and bashed it around on the rocks for about 30 minutes. The next day the screws in the bottom of one carb backed out and all the guts fell into the engine tray, but it was an easy fix.

Some people are like slinkies... Not much good for anything, but they sure are fun to push down the stairs.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.176 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online