Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Is this a Glasspar seafair sedan?

Is this a Glasspar seafair sedan? 12 years 6 months ago #57158

I think its a 1969 seafair sedan. the registration calls it an 1969 18' runabout ski and bass. previous owner knew nothing about it. Any info would be great

Heres what I've come up with so far and a question for the techies:

First off I want to say this site has been a goldmine of information.
Now i have what I believe to be a 1969 18' glasspar sefair sedan. It is equiped with what i believe is an omc 4CYL with a stringer sterndrive. All the info i have is based on things ive picked up on this site. The ball gears are very badly worn and from the looks of it I believe the out drive side is the press on type ball gear whereas the intermediate seems it is a one piece ball gear on drive shaft. Looking around, these parts are rare and expensive, however in 1973 it seems they changed to a bolt on ball gear, which are much easier to find and at a much better price. My question is, is it possible to update the whole setup to use the newer drive shafts to accept the bolt on ball gears? When i mean is it possible, i mean is it possible without major modifications to either the intermediate or the drive and cost effectively? Any info is greatly appreciated.
thanks
Tony

PICTURES:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Is this a Glasspar seafair sedan? 12 years 6 months ago #57165

• Split
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
TONY,WELCOME ,YES, you are showing us about 90 % of a collectible
Glasspar Sedan... In 1968 when LARSON bought the company there were changes & a few of the styling features were dropped.. The
quickest way to ID is NO water line wood spray rail towards the rear sides.... The hull was stretched about 9 inches., & more weight...Most of the
hobbiests stick with a Outboard for easy of replacement, but if
you are handy with wrenches , anything can be upgraded. .. Here is a pic of my 67 that made it into the 2012 calender here as Miss Oct ...........
.. They are a great boat & if you ae into fishing the front cuddy is handy . ENJOY.

Re:Is this a Glasspar seafair sedan? 12 years 6 months ago #57170

Split: nice boat. They look sharp when they are complete. One other thing ive noticed, talking about style change, the windshield and upper side windows have more style and have a slight curve on your vs mine which are just strait. Im hoping to restore this baby as I have already replaced the stringers and floor aswel as having the cabin interior redone. This is the first i/o that ive ever owned so im leaning a lot. Boats are much trickier than cars to find parts for as there is no standand really. If you have more pictures of your seafair sedan id love to see them. Since my boat is incomplete its inspiring to see others and get ideas.
Thanks
Tony

Re:Is this a Glasspar seafair sedan? 12 years 6 months ago #57174

• Split
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
..Tony.: I sent you a album of pics to review..The glass should be
about the same.. Side logo's should be a tad different. Not sure
what you have for a cabin door.. Their signature door was a Panel - Two piece , Bi- fold with brass hardware.

Not always are the Girls ready to do to the DANCE.!!

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.242 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online