Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: 1969 seaflite ss179

1969 seaflite ss179 12 years 7 months ago #56758

I just purchased a boat it is a 1969 seaflite ss179 i have looked all across the web for more infor about this boat and all i could find is what is on the site... dose anyone have more info??

A little about the boat it is in excellent condition looking at the pics of it.. it has the MerCruiser 160 hp in it.
i have yet to see it in person... i am picking it up this week in west LA and taking it back to north idaho where it will spend its life on the lake.
I will update this after i pick it up...
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:1969 seaflite ss179 12 years 7 months ago #56760

• Neil
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Welcome to FG seaflite.
Looks like a sweet little boat.
Neil

Neil and Mary Ousnamer

Re: 1969 seaflite ss179 12 years 7 months ago #56761

Re:1969 seaflite ss179 12 years 2 months ago #66238

If look back to your forum, my family is an original owner of a 1969 Seaflite 179 but the avocado green color. I can answer questions, tell you the history of our boat, have the original sales brochure and manual for the Mericuiser inboard, outboard outdrive.

Re:1969 seaflite ss179 12 years 2 months ago #66253

Welcome aboard.

Re:1969 seaflite ss179 12 years 1 month ago #67318

hello all...

its been a bit sense i picked up the boat and given the update (dealing with a lot of work) so here we go....

the day i picked it up was nice out even if i was having to go to LA... to get the boat.. so i finally got to put my hands on her and i was happy.. Well after spending a bit talking to the original owner about the boat, my buddy and i got it hooked up to the truck and off we went back home...WELL less then 35 min in to the drive A guy came along side blazing his horn and pointing back...... i was like OMG what is it.... it was to late the removable hard top was GONE!!!!....... the DAME LA freeways had vibrated the latches loos and she must have flown like a kite.. at this point i just keep going and didn't look back.. i was depressed......
SO if anyone out there knows of a ss179 that is being scraped see if it has the hard top and let me know.....
condition of the boat was great for the year i only have a few things to make it the way i want it to be.. little glass work on top, new carpet, put the new seats in that came with the boat, reinstall the gas tank (the guy took it out and had it fixed and never put it back in, it is tin) then a good tune up and service and we should be good to go... then all i need to do is add water...and have some fun. AND hope to find a hard top !!!...

i will take some good pics and post them soon and some pics over the winter when im able to do all of this (work takes president over the boat)

thanks all...

Re:1969 seaflite ss179 12 years 1 month ago #67320

Sorry to hear about you loss, (of the hard top). My heart sunk when you said that !
I can really feel your pain ! I had a new deck put on my Chris Craft, and was driving down the free way. I looked in the mirror, and saw the engine covers blow open. One flipped over, bent the hinge up and took a big chunk of wood out of one of the corners of the cover. Now I carry ratchet straps everywhere I go !
I guess I'm in the same boat ?
So now I have to find a hinge for my boat or have one made ? 1939 parts are hard to come by.... and real expensive !!!

Good luck on your quest, and don't worry if you find one all banged up ? The guys here will walk you through, to make look like new !!!

Re:1969 seaflite ss179 12 years 1 month ago #67321

seaflite,

i've never even SEEN one of those, so i can offer you ZILCH except WELCOME to FG.

yours, satx

Resistance to tyrants is obedience to Almighty God.
Thomas Jefferson, 1803

Re:1969 seaflite ss179 12 years 1 month ago #67420

saeflite-I would not worry too much about the loss. I have my black hard top stored 200 miles away for the last thirty years because it is too hard to clasp down the top without it coming loose on the water. I always tied the hard top down with a rope when trailering. We tried over thirty years ago to modify the clasps with welding to not allow it to come loose while on the water but it did not work. The hard top has too low of a clearance that it was a pain to move around without hitting your head. Invested in a bimini top 5 years ago and will never look back.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.195 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online