Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Can anyone help identify this boat?

Can anyone help identify this boat? 12 years 7 months ago #56568

I bought this 14' fiberglass boat that has no identification labels or tags anywhere on it, but the windshield has two park stickers from the mid 60's. The title states the year as UNK (for unknown), and the make as "WARDS". I measured the length from the back of the transom to the nose and it measures 13'6" long. It originally had bench seats in the front and back, but those were removed and bucket style seats replaced them. It came with a 25 horse Chrysler outboard, and it works great, moving the boat at about 20 mph top speed.I believe it looks like a Sea King, but I'm not sure. Any help would be appreciated as the floor and transom were rotten and I am in the process of replacing them and could use some help with how the stringers work as well. Without knowing the boat make I can't look up the manufacturers original stringer layout.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Can anyone help identify this boat? 12 years 7 months ago #56574

welcome mac daddy,it might be a seaking,look in the glassic library,there is alot of info there.
its hard to tell from the picture but does the lapstrake design,have a dropdown to it?if it does its a eary to mid 60's seaking made by starcraft.john,here is a 64 scan i had,if you look closely you can just make out the dropdown in the lapstrake.
also the trailer looks like my 64 seaking trailer,i dont know who made though.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

\"too soon old,too late smart\" my pap

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“

---Mark Twain
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.201 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle