Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: I NOW HAVE 2 1959 GLASTRON (SURFFLITE & FIREFLITE)

I NOW HAVE 2 1959 GLASTRON (SURFFLITE & FIREFLITE) 12 years 7 months ago #56538

I think i've went boat crazy. After watching Pawn Stars and seeing an episode with a glastron seaflite i went on the hunt for my first boat. I'm 45 and never really wanted a boat until i saw this seaflite. Three weeks ago i found my first one (surfflite) and a week later i bought one on ebay, now i have to have a 1958/59 seaflite and i need it now (if you know where one is just point me in the right direction).Last week i found an old boat guy that has about 10 boats in his yard and said i can have them all if i just move them out, so now i have 58 larson thunderhawk, 1960 glaspar, 1970's cv16 carlson, some bayliners and i dont remember the rest. Now you tell me, am i CRAZY or what. Remember keep me in mind if you see a seaflite.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: I NOW HAVE 2 1959 GLASTRON (SURFFLITE & FIREFLITE) 12 years 7 months ago #56540

Great finds Boozer!! Welcome to the addiction of old boats!!

WHAT model is the Glasspar????

Jim Savage

Re:I NOW HAVE 2 1959 GLASTRON (SURFFLITE & FIREFLITE) 12 years 7 months ago #56541

Attachments:

Re:I NOW HAVE 2 1959 GLASTRON (SURFFLITE & FIREFLITE) 12 years 7 months ago #56542

it says lido on the dash but im not sure of the exact year
Attachments:

Re:I NOW HAVE 2 1959 GLASTRON (SURFFLITE & FIREFLITE) 12 years 7 months ago #56543

one more
Attachments:

Re:I NOW HAVE 2 1959 GLASTRON (SURFFLITE & FIREFLITE) 12 years 7 months ago #56544

another one
Attachments:

Re:I NOW HAVE 2 1959 GLASTRON (SURFFLITE & FIREFLITE) 12 years 7 months ago #56558

• Neil
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Welcome
Grab that little Mercury.

Neil and Mary Ousnamer

Re:I NOW HAVE 2 1959 GLASTRON (SURFFLITE & FIREFLITE) 12 years 7 months ago #56561

• Mr. 88
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Leave the Bayliner where it sits.The only thing that may be worth saving would be the drive system if it's a Mercruiser.The rest of the collection looks nice,especially the one with the molded in deck lights.

cool runnings Mr 88

Re:I NOW HAVE 2 1959 GLASTRON (SURFFLITE & FIREFLITE) 12 years 7 months ago #56562

• MarkS
  • Thank you received: 5
Wow, talk about "beginner's luck"! Very cool boozer, congrats on the "instant collection".

Mark

Re:I NOW HAVE 2 1959 GLASTRON (SURFFLITE & FIREFLITE) 12 years 7 months ago #56566

Short answer: Yes, you have. I just sold my 10 boat collection last year including a Surflite. Over time, you learn to only take the ones that are "interesting" You really need to purchase the Boats In The Belfry DVD here in the Club Store.

You'll see the coolest Seaflite in America. Even the designer, Bob Hammond admired the color scheme and details when he saw it a few years ago (see the video "Austin's Power"

In the video, "As the Day Ends" We took a ride in the nicest Sports Lido Glasspar currently in use.

If you get serious about restoring the Surflite and SeaFlite, you will need to contact KevFin about parts, logos and even seat upholstery die cut logos upcoming in a year or so. See the classified Ads/Parts For Sale at boatsinthebelfry.

My video series at www.americanclassicspeedboats.com has some good info about many of the boats and may be offered here at FG very soon.

Store the ones you won't get to for a long time upside down and if the windshields are salvageable, remove them and store them out of the sun. Don't let boats just set on the ground. Fiberglass is actually like a sponge and soaks up the ground moisture into the space beneath the floor or into the wood core if there is one.

Sell as many as you can to pay for restoration of your favorite 2 boats. Remember, some of the trailers are worth more than some of the boats. Learn about the collectible trailers if you haven't.

Have Fun.

Re:I NOW HAVE 2 1959 GLASTRON (SURFFLITE & FIREFLITE) 12 years 7 months ago #56576

welcome boozer,this is an addiction,lol.
the 1st boat pic is a glaspar lido,around 62 or 63 i have one here that im going to get rid of,it needs ev erything but its free,lol.
cool boats,john
Attachments:

\"too soon old,too late smart\" my pap

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“

---Mark Twain

Re:I NOW HAVE 2 1959 GLASTRON (SURFFLITE & FIREFLITE) 12 years 7 months ago #56817

if you were not so far away i would take it. if it old and cool looking and close to me (so cal)i will take it.

Re:I NOW HAVE 2 1959 GLASTRON (SURFFLITE & FIREFLITE) 12 years 6 months ago #57200

I FOUND IT!!!!!!!!!
I contacted kevfin and long story short when i told him i saw a seaflite on pawn stars he told me he has that owners phone # and the owner has a second seaflite that he now wants to sell. i called him right then, worked a deal and drove 127 miles one way the next day at 2:30 am. arrived before 5 am and the owner still made it to work by 6 am. As for me i was a little late thanks to that los angeles traffic(normally start at 5am but got to work at 8:30). i have not stopped smiling yet. in the first two days i had it strip down anf the deck off the hull, start filling in some holes and began sanding the deck. its been a week and i have now replace all the wood that holds the bow/deck in shape. i will keep you updated.
Attachments:

Re:I NOW HAVE 2 1959 GLASTRON (SURFFLITE & FIREFLITE) 12 years 6 months ago #57221

Good luck with your new project. Great how folks can help one another in this hobby.

Re:I NOW HAVE 2 1959 GLASTRON (SURFFLITE & FIREFLITE) 12 years 6 months ago #57241

wow... a terrific lookin boat...and its a hardtop to boot. ron

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.228 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online