Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: 2012 Beloit's Midwest All-Classics Boat Show

2012 Beloit's Midwest All-Classics Boat Show 12 years 7 months ago #56402

Mark your calanders because we have a date for 2012 Beloit's own Midwest All-Classics Boat Show! It is scheduled for August 18, 2012 at Preservation Park. The address for the park is

Preservation Park
3444 Riverside Dr.
Beloit, WI 53511

I have also reserved a block of 25 rooms at Rodeway Inn, but that can be added to based on attendance. The price for reserving a room at Rodeway Inn will be 53.99 + tax, for a total of 61.28. You can call any time up until August 3 to be gauranteed a room. The address and phone number to the hotel is

Rodeway Inn
2956 Milwaukee Rd.
Beloit, WI 53511
608-364-4000

If you are bringing a boat and would like a room facing the parking lot so that you may keep an eye on your boat, let the front desk know you are bringing one when making your reservation. If needed, there is additional parking in the empty parking lot next to Arby's. If you would like to stay at a different hotel than Rodeway Inn, please email me (This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.) and I will send you a list of other hotel options.

If you know anyone who maybe interested in attending our show, please either give them one of our printed flyers or get them in contact with KevFin or myself.

Becca
fingirl121

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: 2012 Beloit's Midwest All-Classics Boat Show 12 years 7 months ago #56403

Is there an option to pitch a tent next to our boat in Preservation Park? Does Wisconsin have speed limits for boating? The boat I would bring is a 65 Carlson Contender is why I ask.
Thanks
Conrad

Re: 2012 Beloit's Midwest All-Classics Boat Show 12 years 7 months ago #56431

No permission to camp currently but will look into it. Beolit allows urban camping for the "Thunder On The Rock" boat races on the same stretch of River. No speed limit. Contact Kevin This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if all else fails, there might be a camping option. As a long-time guest and sometime volunteer, this is really something you should try.

Re:2012 Beloit's Midwest All-Classics Boat Show 12 years 7 months ago #56432

Here's the Show Flyer.
Attachments:

Re: 2012 Beloit's Midwest All-Classics Boat Show 12 years 6 months ago #58386

Preservation Park does not allow camping and I do not know where the nearest place to pitch tents would be. Sorry I can't be of better help.

Becca
fingirl121

Re:2012 Beloit's Midwest All-Classics Boat Show 12 years 6 months ago #58387

For those of you planning to attend the kick off dinner at The Rock Bar and Grill on Friday, August 17, the usual route driving from Rodeway Inn to the restaurant is under construction until September. On the map below, I have marked in red the part of the route that is under construction and in green are the optional routes to take.

The route from the hotel to Preservation Park is not affected in any way.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to email me at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..

Attachments:

Re:2012 Beloit's Midwest All-Classics Boat Show 12 years 6 months ago #58487

• 63 Sabre
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 167
Is there any RV parking available? If I Bring two boats I'll need extra space. August will be busy with the Door County boat show also I believe around the first of the month.
Cal

Re:2012 Beloit's Midwest All-Classics Boat Show 12 years 6 months ago #58521

Pearl Lake Campground about halfway between the Show and Kevins FinCity $50/night - includes Water & Electric. Call (815) 389-1479 to make reservations.

Space at the Show not a problem. The Park is enormous but no camping or overnight boat storage is permitted. I'm sure they'd love to have you attend.

Photo shows the multi level boat storage facilities at FinCity.
Attachments:

Re:2012 Beloit's Midwest All-Classics Boat Show 12 years 6 months ago #58651

No union bs this yr... I already put it on the calender and trying to help a friend get his 56 glasspar ready.

Re:2012 Beloit's Midwest All-Classics Boat Show 12 years 6 months ago #58903

Thanks for the post, Bob! I didn't even think about mentioning Pearl Lake for overnight RV parking or pitching tents!

Re:2012 Beloit's Midwest All-Classics Boat Show 12 years 6 months ago #58904

Glad to hear it! Can't wait to see you this year!

Re:2012 Beloit's Midwest All-Classics Boat Show 12 years 5 months ago #58936

You should talk with the private boat club close to the park. They had a lot of open slips. Private boat clubs have helped me in the past and worked out really well. Many times allowing campers, etc. Dave

Florida's Amphicar restoration destination

Re:2012 Beloit's Midwest All-Classics Boat Show 12 years 5 months ago #58952

People might talk to Sam at the Driftwood Motel about parking a boat or camper overnite (without hookups) on their spare lot. The property adjoins the other public put-in access area. The rooms at the motel aren't the greatest but will do in a pinch and are real convenient.

Re:2012 Beloit's Midwest All-Classics Boat Show 12 years 5 months ago #58953

Dave, if you can stand a short story... Coming back from the big show at the Buffalo Launch Club I spent the nite in Erie on the Lake. Wanted a can of beer to relax from driving. Pennsylvania allows selling beer in 12 packs or cases ONLY. So, I wandered past the golf course to the local boat/fishing club. A guy was there who said he wouldn't sell me a beer but gave me a couple instead.

Re:2012 Beloit's Midwest All-Classics Boat Show 12 years 2 months ago #64722

KevFin and I have made the decision not to have a food vendor come to the show to sell food on the grounds.

So, here are a list of places to chose from close to the show site:

Sophia's Family Restaurant
3201 Riverside Dr
Beloit, WI 53511

Taco Bell
1841 Riverside Dr
Beloit, WI 53511

Arbys
1817 Riverside Dr
Beloit, WI 53511

KFC
2735 Prairie Ave
Beloit, WI 53511

McDonalds
2649 Prairie Ave
Beloit, WI 53511

Chubby Bubba's/Mikes Family Restaurant/Mobil Gas Station (no this is not the one I work at)
6501 S US Highway 51
Janesville, WI 53546

If any of the restaurants listed do not interest you or have any questions about the show, please don't hesitate to email me (This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.).

Becca
fingirl121

Good news! 12 years 2 months ago #64724

It rained!

Midwest All-Classics Boat Show Lineup 12 years 1 month ago #66579

Here is an itinerary of what the weekend will consist of for the show:

At 6 p.m. Friday night, we will be having supper at The Rock Bar and Grill, 101 Maple Ave., Beloit, WI 53511. Please feel free to come before we eat and put your boat in the water via Wooten Park boat launch (just across the street from the restaurant).

August 18, the show will be held Preservation Park at 8 a.m., but we are allowed to start entering as early as 6 a.m. During the show, anyone is allowed to come and go as they please. We expect to eat bewtween noon and 1 p.m. either at the local restaurants listed or picnic lunches if you prefer to bring one. We will encourage boat launching between 2 and 4 p.m. There will be the boat parade lead by KevFin and Becca (fingirl121), which will leave at 4 p.m.

At 6 p.m., the staff at Benedetti's Supper Club (just south of Preservation Park) will have a table prepared for us to have a farewell meal. The parking lot is large enough for those of you bringing a boat to have room to park your rig. Please note that if you wish to leave your boat at the park until after you eat, you may do so, but it will not be supervised and we have to be completely out of the park by 10 p.m.

On Sunday, for those of you who would like to tour the NEW "Boat Cave" are certainly welcome out to KevFin's parents place to do so. See KevFin at the show for details.

We have been getting a good deal of interest and expect to have a ton of fun. See you next week!

Becca and KevFin

Book you room for Beloit Show! 12 years 1 month ago #66916

This morning, I was out to Rodeway Inn blocking rooms for KevFin's and my wedding and mentioned that the show was coming up this weekend. The hotel informed me that some of the rooms have not been reserved yet and are going to be reopened to the public at regular rate Thursday.

We want to encourage you to take advantage of the savings by mentioning that you are with the Midwest Classic Boat Show. For those of you who have made reservations at Rodeway Inn and failed to mention that you are with the show, you may either call the hotel back or mention that you are with the show upon check-in and get the discounted rate.

Becca
fingirl121

Re:2012 Beloit's Midwest All-Classics Boat Show 12 years 1 month ago #66918

I know that a lot of you have been concerned about the depth of the river near the show site. No need to wonder whether or not you should attend due to this because since then we have had enough rainfalls to make a big improvement. Just be cautious at the northern most end.

I was also questioned if boaters were allowed to park their boats at the docks by the restaurant Friday evening. The answer is YES, but only at the middle set of docks. The outer two docks are privately owned by the restaurant.

See you Friday!

Becca
fingirl121

Re:2012 Beloit's Midwest All-Classics Boat Show 12 years 1 month ago #67488

• MarkS
  • Thank you received: 5
Well how did the show go? Anybody get some pics?

Mark

Re:2012 Beloit's Midwest All-Classics Boat Show 12 years 1 month ago #67500

I know right! I unfortunately could not get any pictures taken because my camera would not work and I had to leave the show for a while for a funeral, but I still had fun tubing. I even tried tubing on my back (word of advice: it will hurt your back).

Also, I would just like to say thank you to all that attended the 2012 Beloit show.

What a fabulous show! There were so many new faces that I had not yet met and the weather could not have cooperated any better. I would, however, like to apologize to those of you who were looking forward to the boat parade. KevFin, Marty, and I got down to the south end of the river and had motor troubles that prevented us from getting back in time.

Hope to see more new and old faces next year.

Thank you again,
Becca
fingirl121

Re:2012 Beloit's Midwest All-Classics Boat Show 12 years 1 month ago #67550

I just posted a slideshow of Beloit 2012 in the gallery at boatsinthebelfry.com or watch it at this link:

Beloit Midwest 2012 SlideShow

These are HD framegrabs. The video footage looks great and I hope to have it edited and posted next week.

Attachments:

Re:2012 Beloit's Midwest All-Classics Boat Show 12 years 1 month ago #67606

• Kmarty
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Great pics, Bob. Weather was perfect! We had a great time.

Re:2012 Beloit's Midwest All-Classics Boat Show 12 years 1 month ago #67610

Thank you for posting the slides. Wish we were there.
The music was totally cool! Who was that?

Re:2012 Beloit's Midwest All-Classics Boat Show 12 years 1 month ago #67644

Thanks. The slideshow widget only allows lifting music from youtube videos. So, I went looking for a jazz jam long enough to run through all the pics. I first tried Pat Metheny but there weren't any suitable tracks. I then thought of the band Weather Report with the late, great Jaco Pastorius who also famously played with Joni Mitchell. You should see the Joni concert video with Pat and Jaco backing her. This track is from a rare studio jam recording of Jaco's signature "Chicken Pickin'" Bass. As a friend of Kevin's, I really appreciate the participation of the Glasspar Group and hope we can meet again next year.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.260 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online