• Page:

TOPIC: Need info on this 1970 Wards Sea King Tri-Hull

Need info on this 1970 Wards Sea King Tri-Hull 12 years 7 months ago #56371

• DaddyE
  • DaddyE's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
I'm buying it tomorrow! 120 compression on both cylinders. Pretty cool old fiberglass jon boat. Marked "Wards Sea King" but manufacturer tag says "Super-Craft." 15 feet long, just over 5 feet wide. Anyone know anything about these or do you own one? Thanks! It's in pretty good shape but I'll be fixing it up.
THE TITLE LISTS THIS BOAT AS 15 FOOT.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: Need info on this Sea King by Super Craft 12 years 7 months ago #56384

I found a reference to a 1971 Super Craft for sale, so maybe the time period of this boat is the early 1970's. Any company information on the manufacturer's tag?

Re:Need info on this Sea King by Super Craft 12 years 7 months ago #56389

• DaddyE
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Florida.
Attachments:

Re:Need info on this Sea King by Super Craft 12 years 7 months ago #56413

Came across a series of articles in the "Playground Daily News" of Fort Walton Beach. Starting with an article on May 23, 1967, the newspaper announced the company opened a plant opened a plant in Fort Walton Beach, Florida. Gerald (Jerry) M. Cheatham, owner-manager leased a space in the city's industrial park. 1968 ads in the paper list Louie L. Dupree as a contact person. Ads ran something like "Cathedral-type hulls great for off-shore fishing". On March 18, 1969 the newspaper announced Super Craft was recently purchased by Vitro Services, a unit of Vitro Corporation, which "saved the company" according to Cheatham. Address was 636 Anchor St. NW.

I didn't find a free method of viewing the afforementioned articles, so all the above was drawn from sample snippets. More information may be out there.

On the starboard side of the transom there might be a metal plate with the US Coast Guard Manufacturer Information Code (first three letters). The code can then be looked up at the US Coast Guard website: www.uscgboating.org/recalls/mic1.aspx

Re:Need info on this Sea King by Super Craft 12 years 7 months ago #56445

• DaddyE
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Wards Sea King 1970. Two more shots. Any info would be appreciated! Anyone else own one? Thanks:-)
Attachments:

Re:Need info on this 1970 Wards Sea King Tri-Hull 12 years 7 months ago #56453

I just scanned and posted a bunch of newspaper articles about SuperCraft to the Library purgatory area - here in the discussion forum.

Andreas

Re:Need info on this 1970 Wards Sea King Tri-Hull 12 years 7 months ago #56481

• DaddyE
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
I brought the boat home yesterday!!! It's really in sweet shape:-)

QUESTION: I'm new here... I want to post some new pictures of the boat now that its been to the wash and here at home. Shall I post them here or in another section??? I can also get a good shot of the "Wards Sea King" emblem plate that is on the aft sides. The trailer is also a sea king with logo.

Andreas, You Rock! Thanks for the info and I'm glad you could use the logo image for the library. We plan to take her out as early as spring break on a local lake around here. The plan is fishing and cruising with my wife and boy. It's a comfortable boat.

BTW- Titles for the boat, motor, and registration for the trailer... all DONE:-) I'm a boat owner again.

DaddyE

Re:Need info on this 1970 Wards Sea King Tri-Hull 12 years 7 months ago #56499

• MarkS
  • Thank you received: 5
Congrats on your new boat, DaddyE. You're good to go posting pics here, or you can start your own Album in the Gallery. (Probably the better option, then you don't have to search through forum threads to find you pics.) Just click the button in the tool bar above, let us know if you have any problems. ;)

Mark
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.194 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle