• Page:

TOPIC: Seating Questions

Seating Questions 12 years 7 months ago #56009

• riceman
  • riceman's Avatar Topic Author
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 0
I'm redoing the seating situation in my boat and i was wanting some input from y'all... opinions, alternate ideas, etc... whatever you've got

I want to put two captain's chairs for the front seating and a bench seat in the rear. i'd like the captain's chairs to be mounted on some sort of pedestal and be able to swivel 180 degrees. the bench seat would have to lean forward for access to the rear compartment where the gas tanks and battery are to be stored. I was thinking of something resembling the lowback seats from a early-mid 60's muscle car. does anyone have any tips/tricks for making them myself, or places they recommend buying from? they'd definetly have to look vintage.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Seating Questions 12 years 7 months ago #56014

• riceman
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
oops... i posted this without doing much of a search first. i guess i assumed there'd be more to it than just a plank of wood with a piece of foam and fabric stuck to it.

so, now that i'm stuck with my rookie mistake, let me ask this... is there a particular brand/type of foam/fabric you guys have had good luck with and would recommend? and about the plywood: do i need to seal/coat it in anything if it's just going to be for the seats?

Re:Seating Questions 12 years 7 months ago #56037

look at the Garelick website for their swival seating bases and other seating stuff for inspiration. They are from St. Paul Park, MN.

Andreas

Re:Seating Questions 12 years 7 months ago #56171

If your looking for vintage seating, look at the " wholesale marine" web site. They have a large inventory. I just bought seats for my 65 Glasspar.

Re:Seating Questions 12 years 7 months ago #56175

You can check out the My Flamingo post here on the forum. I built my own bench seat, reupholsterd some old Ranger Bass boat Seats and build the pedestals. I think it's turning out pretty good for Home Cookin!!!!

www.fiberglassics.com/glassic-forums/2-main-forum/24513-1961-lonestar-qflamingoq.html?limit=40&start=40

Re:Seating Questions 12 years 7 months ago #56182

• riceman
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
MF... wow those turned out nice! i really like the styling of the whole shabang too. well done sir. thanks for the ideas!

Avalon and Andreas- i'll look around on the sites and see if i can find something to suit what i'm after. between that and MF's project, i'm sure i can come up with something. i'm pretty handy with metal too, so maybe i'll find a style i like and then shape up some custom frames. we'll see!

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.177 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online