Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: can anyone help me identify this boat

can anyone help me identify this boat 12 years 7 months ago #55918

Can anyone help me identify this boat
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:can anyone help me identify this boat 12 years 7 months ago #55929

My first guess is a Crosby but I'm not sure.

Re:can anyone help me identify this boat 12 years 7 months ago #55938

that is an early 60's Glasspar Citation. do you have all of the parts? here is what the interior should look like
Attachments:

Re:can anyone help me identify this boat 12 years 7 months ago #56002

I have most all the aluminum trim stuff and frount light no windshield has a 1963 evinrude 75. In great shape just a project I have 50 bucks in it

Re:can anyone help me identify this boat 12 years 7 months ago #56019

the windshield on the citation was glass and the usual hardware package found on the glasspar boats was allen jervis. the hardware can be found on evilbay regularly,the windshield might be a litte more difficult to come by. if you decide to try to put it back as original,you might try the glasspar site. if there is anything on the boat you want pics of,let me know. i have one. skipp

Re:can anyone help me identify this boat 12 years 7 months ago #56159

• Rod-B
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Could be an early 60's Glasspar Marathon. Citation was 16ft and had molded in chocks on the bow deck. Marathon was 14ft and did not have the chocks. Otherwise very similar in design. I don't see the chocks in the picture....but it is a little out of focus by the time it gets to the bow and they could be there. Also the Marathon had no seating at the stern and the Citation did.
Attachments:

Re:can anyone help me identify this boat 12 years 7 months ago #56170

• Andgott
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
That's a Citation for sure! 1960 or 1961. Looks familiar-

I've got some parts leftover from my restoration... I know where there WAS a windshield in New Hampshire, not sure if its there or not. They are tempered glass.

You'll love the boat- It handles VERY well. One of the best I've ever owned. That 75 will power it well- I've got a Merc 850 on mine, she scoots right along :)

-Andrew

Re:can anyone help me identify this boat 12 years 7 months ago #56177

How. Much are these worth and are they rare

Re:can anyone help me identify this boat 12 years 7 months ago #56178

Here's another pic I have

Re:can anyone help me identify this boat 12 years 7 months ago #56180

• Rod-B
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
Not rare compared to other makes of the time. Glasspar was a major manufacturer. Rare is relative, though. In 1960 Glasspar built a total of 16,000 boats across all model lines. In 1960 Ford built right around 93,000 Thunderbirds alone.
If you are trying to ask if you'll be able to make a profit by bringing this one back and selling it...not a chance. If you want a good little boat to use, however, you'll be able to get it on the water and usable for much less than hte cst of a new boat of similar size.
Forgot to mention one other difference between the Citaton and Marathon....Citation was set up for a 20" outboard and Marathon was set up for a 15" outboard. Measure the transom height for another means of verification of which it is.

Re:can anyone help me identify this boat 12 years 7 months ago #56219

• Andgott
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
Not super rare... They did build a LOT of them. Looking at your pics, the $50 you've got in it is about right- Without all the trim, chrome, seat hardware etc.

I bought THREE citations before mine was 100% complete... The first one for the hull, deck, and windshield, the others for misc. parts... I never paid more than a couple hundred for ANY of them... The first was the most expensive, since it had the trailer and a motor, and still it was in the $300 range.

The others were beyond salvage, so the parts that were needed were removed, then the boats were cut up.

Check the transom, floors, and stringers CAREFULLY for rot- I'd be amazed if there wasn't any... The stringers are wood, with nothing sealing them, the bottom of the floor has no protection, and the transoms weren't sealed off in any way from the top, so water usually gets in, and wreaks havoc... Mine was rough when I got it-

and I pretty much had to strip it down to a bare hull, and rebuild it all-

Re:can anyone help me identify this boat 11 years 4 months ago #78552

Yes. That is my restored 1964 Glasspar Marathon.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.206 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online