Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: inboard Garr Glass boat

inboard Garr Glass boat 12 years 8 months ago #55556

• tommy in tampa
  • tommy in tampa's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi there everyone, This is Tommy in Tampa.
Some of you will remember me others are to new to this forum.
Anywho, Lynne and I are fine and we continue to restore our boats one at a time.

I almost never sell a boat but I have one I need to let someone else save.
It is a Garr Glass. It was made by the son of Garr Wood (the wood boat guy). It is the first fiberglass factory built inboard boat built. That is to say it is the first model of a inboard fiberglass boat that was meant to be produced in a large numbers. This is the only Garr Glass that has been found. It is a real special boat.

Someone in Fiberglassics had a copy of the ad that was printed to sell these boats when they were in production. I am trying to get a copy of that ad. The new owner will be glad to get it and it will be a big help to sell the boat. I will be happy to pay for a copy of the ad.

Del has restored my last two boats, one was the Falls Flyer with the special motor cover. The latest is the most complete carAqua that has been found, it is almost completely restored with its original colors and super seats. It looks so good. Red and white Woo Woo

So it has been a long long time between posts for me here but I have not lost interest, I still have the itch.
Good luck to all Tommy in Tampa

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:inboard Garr Glass boat 12 years 8 months ago #55557

• Split
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
WELCOME Back Tommy, : YES, we had been with you in Mt Dora shows before.. Sort of waved to ya today driving past Tampa today on I-75
from the Fort Myers events..

This boat sounds interesting.. I knew of the name GAR - FORM from the family & son doing a early design. ? I am sure everyone will ask for pictures here.

Re:inboard Garr Glass boat 12 years 8 months ago #55561

I assume this is a GarForm boat built by Wood Engineering in Oklahoma. If so, I know of at least two others that exist.

There were several articles in a number of issues of "The Boathouse" magazine by Dave Doner about the work he was doing on his GarForm. They included a great deal of history. I think these may be online at www.acbs-bslol.com in the Boathouse area.

Andreas

Re:inboard Garr Glass boat 12 years 8 months ago #55571

Re:inboard Garr Glass boat 12 years 7 months ago #55616

Tommy, welcome back. Some day I hope to make it to Mt Dora and see you and your boats.

Is this a Garform (as some have eluided to) or was Garr Glass a precursor? SOunds like an amazingly cool boat. Would love to see a pic. My next boat may be an inboard, but I need to get the Glastron done first.

Todd (aka thetudor)
1964 Custom Craft Aqua Ray
1959 Glastron Seaflite
1959 Tomahawk Spirit
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.174 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT