Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Mystery boat

Mystery boat 12 years 8 months ago #55202

This is a continuation of the "trash boat to id". 14' long, with both Glastron and Redfish attributes, but subtle differences. No notch is present on the bow, and I cannot find the airplane in any pictures. I live at Lake Travis/Austin Texas, so the proximity to Glastron had my interest up. The next question, What am I getting myself into?!
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Mystery boat 12 years 8 months ago #55311

See if you can find anything on Fisher boats from Abilene or Amirillo. The were involved in several lawsuits due to copying Glastron and other boat hulls.

Frogman, Euless

Re:Mystery boat 12 years 8 months ago #55316

Something I forgot. Go up to Lake LBJ and see if you can find the guy nick named Meatball. The guys at the Texas Chapter of AOMCI can tell you how to get in touch with him. He works for the river authority and has a boat rigging company on the side. He also has a really neat 13 ft boat for sale. Look on the webb site for TX AOMCI you can find a picture of the boat and I think his phone number is on the for sale sign. I can`t remember what brand and model of boat it is. But he is definately in some of the pictures of the boat.

Re:Mystery boat 12 years 8 months ago #55338

this is just a thought...im probably wrong here..but..can you see an impression of the plane from under the deck of the boat?
if you can than it was molded into the deck.
and if you cant see an impression of the plane it MIGHT have been added later,like to keep the deck from sagging.
im probably wrong,but what the heck i thought i would throw that out there,lol,john

\"too soon old,too late smart\" my pap

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“

---Mark Twain

Re:Mystery boat 12 years 8 months ago #55404

The airplane is embossed in the deck. Next question, the bottom of the spars follow the hull curve, so they are not flat. How do you curve a 14' spar? By the way, I found Meatballs number!

Re:Mystery boat 12 years 8 months ago #55422

Great!!!! He is a character. He has been racing boats for probably 40 years.
He lost a racing prop on LBJ lake one time and decades later when they were cleaning the sluce gates the working crew found it. They know it`s his cause his name was engraved on the hub. The crew polished it up and presented it to him. If you contact him, ask him if he has sold the red and white Glastron. It was in completely Original condition. It looke like it only had less than 50 hrs on the entire boat.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.226 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online