Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: '61 Hydrodyne Progress

'61 Hydrodyne Progress 12 years 8 months ago #54390

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Dreams do become reality!

Re:'61 Hydrodyne Progress 12 years 8 months ago #54395

welcome wentworth,it looks like you have a good start on it,keep them coming.john

\"too soon old,too late smart\" my pap

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“

---Mark Twain

Re:'61 Hydrodyne Progress 12 years 8 months ago #54398

Thanks John. Would like to hear what you think regarding my post on sanding/removing gel coat. You have always had great advice in the past few years as I have sporadically posted.

Re:'61 Hydrodyne Progress 12 years 8 months ago #54420

thank you for the vote of confidence,but there are other folks out there a lot better to guide you on gelcoat removal,i do my very best not to remove it all,its just way to hard to repair after its removed.
i do my best to repair what i have,and fair it in then paint.

is your gelcoat that bad that ALL of it needs to come off?
if i were you i would do a search for it and see what comes up.
if you were repairing it i could help,or you could read jamil's thread in the research dept. sorry i couldnt help ,but im just being honest,i dont have the credentials for that,lol,john

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“

---Mark Twain

Re:'61 Hydrodyne Progress 12 years 8 months ago #54421

Most all of it is a moonscape. The boat has baked in the sun in Florida and Arizona for a majority of its life. I had it covered when we moved to PA in 1996, but the damage had already been done. Hey, do you ever get over to Butler? If so, you are welcome to stop by and see it! The trailer is out of commission or else I would haul it over to Indiana so you could see it there.

Re:'61 Hydrodyne Progress 12 years 8 months ago #54423

oh i see,like i said others here are better able to answer it than me,lol.
i dont go to butler,but maybe someday we will get to meet,that would be great,alot of fg members have been here,bring your wife and child ,my wife and i would love to meet them as well,my door is always open,john

---Mark Twain

Re:'61 Hydrodyne Progress 12 years 8 months ago #54600

61 Dyne with Monroe bouncey seat, Volvo motor and Penta outdrive. About as good as it gets.
Attachments:

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.188 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online