Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Mt Dora In Mt Dora -Not Tavares- March 23, 24th

Mt Dora In Mt Dora -Not Tavares- March 23, 24th 12 years 8 months ago #54376

I wanted to offer my fine fiberglass finned friends an Amphicar opportunity. Friday afternoon we will be splashing at The Palm Gardens. Located on the Dead River.Saturday morning we will be meeting at Mt Dora boat ramp. I invite you to stop by via water or land. A steam train will be going back and forth between Dora and Tavares. Plus water taxis if your classic boat is unavailable. Just mention Dave the Wave invited you.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Florida's Amphicar restoration destination

Re:Mt Dora In Mt Dora -Not Tavares- March 23, 24th 12 years 8 months ago #54530

• jim bart
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 0
I am flying to Florida on March 22nd... for a few days of beach time and Phillies pre-season baseball in Clearwater. I see that its the opening day for Mt. Dora.

If everything goes smoothly, I may find a few hours on thursday to get over there... Any idea if thursday is merely a set-up day, or if the show is in full swing that day?

Could be my only chance to see "the biggest classic boat show on the east coast"...

Re:Mt Dora In Mt Dora -Not Tavares- March 23, 24th 12 years 8 months ago #54601

Thursday is set-up day. Many participants (including us and our 1960 Glasspar G-3) will be arriving there during the day on Thursday. Most will be all set up by early Friday am and the show breaks up Sunday.
Attachments:

Jim Savage

Re:Mt Dora In Mt Dora -Not Tavares- March 23, 24th 12 years 8 months ago #54611

I'll be in Orlando that time. I might buzz over there on Friday. B)

Re:Mt Dora In Mt Dora -Not Tavares- March 23, 24th 12 years 8 months ago #54665

From Sunnyland site
www.acbs-sunnyland.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=category&layout=blog&id=19&Itemid=26

There are three significant things that we are asking participants to comply with:

Flea Market vendors will not be allowed to go in and out of the site on a daily basis. We will allow you to drive in on Thursday, set up and remove your vehicle. If you work out of your vehicle, you can leave it on site for the duration of the show. If you are a Flea Market Vendor, you must set up on THURSDAY. There will be no vehicle access to the Flea Market on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. The Flea Market area has new concrete. If you use a tent, you CANNOT drive tent pegs into the concrete.
We advertise and sell tickets for our show based on three days; all day Friday, Saturday and until noon on Sunday. Thursday is our set up day and WE HIGHLY ENCOURAGE YOU ARRIVE ON THURSDAY. THERE WILL BE LIMITED ACCESS ON FRIDAY AND THERE WILL NO ACCESS ON SATURDAY. WE WILL NOT LAUNCH OR SPOT BOATS IN THE LAND DISPLAY ON SATURDAY. Our show ends Sunday at noon and we will not start the Tractor Valet service prior to noon on Sunday. Land displays will remain in place until Sunday noon. IF YOU NEED TO DEPART PRIOR TO NOON ON SUNDAY, YOU NEED TO MAKE ARRANGEMENTS TO STORE YOUR OWN TRAILER AND RECOVER YOUR BOAT AT A LAUNCH RAMP OTHER THAT THE SHOW SITE. So that we can plan appropriately, please indicate on your registration form if will use our valet service.
We will have an enlarged Field Of Dreams section to display boats for sale. With the exception of our sponsors, no boats for sale will be permitted outside this area or on display in the water.

Florida's Amphicar restoration destination

Re:Mt Dora In Mt Dora -Not Tavares- March 23, 24th 12 years 8 months ago #54673

• jim bart
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 0
Sunnyland, Mt. Dora, Tavares ??? Where is this show? As a northerner, where can I plot this on a gps for driving dirctions, lodging, etc?

Re:Mt Dora In Mt Dora -Not Tavares- March 23, 24th 12 years 8 months ago #54674

jim, the Sunnyland ACBS show is in Tavares. it use to be in Mt.Dora a few miles away but on the same lake. the amphicars are launching from the old site, i guess because of lack of room at tavares. set your gps for tavares and i'm sure you will see signs for the show once your in town. give my best to Jim and Liz Savage, and Gary Simpson at the G3 tent when your there. ron

Re:Mt Dora In Mt Dora -Not Tavares- March 23, 24th 12 years 8 months ago #55066

• MarkS
  • Thank you received: 5
Very cool about making room for the "overflow" Dave, good job buddy! Extending the welcome and water taxi are also a classy touch, kudos to you my friend. :P

I've added a link to the map of Lake Dora to help (hopefully) with the confusion:
www.fiberglassics.com/calendar/icalrepeat.detail/2012/03/22/166/-/NjJiNjUzNzYyMGY5MzUwOTRmMTMxOWRmYTY2MjlmNDY=.html

I'm not sure yet if my schedule and budget are going to make it possible, but I've heard this is one of THE "do not miss" shows on the east coast! Been away for work all week, better get back to work on the project! :ohmy:

maps.google.com/maps?q=Wooten+Park,+Tavares,+FL&hl=en&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=33.901528,56.513672&oq=Wooten+Park&hq=Wooten+Park,+Tavares,+FL&t=m&z=14

Mark
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.203 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle