Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: 1959 P-14 Super Deluxe

1959 P-14 Super Deluxe 12 years 8 months ago #54230

I recently came across a 1959 P-14 Super Deluxe that had been setting in a garage for 30 years. I'm having a lot of trouble finding out anything about this boat. It's in great shape. Any idea what it's worth?

Please help,
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Matt Miller

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:1959 P-14 Super Deluxe 12 years 8 months ago #54232

welcome matt,it sounds like a great boat,but do you have pictures of it?we love classic boat pictures here.
most of the answers you are probably going to get is,"it depends on how much someone is willing to pay for it",dont get me wrong we are not being rude,we are just saying that there is no "nada" type book for this,and it also depends on rarity and condition.
but if you do put up pictures some of the folks here can tell you whatthey paid or would have paid for your boat.
i hope i was able to help a little ,welcome to glassics matt,sincerely john

\"too soon old,too late smart\" my pap

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“

---Mark Twain

Re:1959 P-14 Super Deluxe 12 years 8 months ago #54236

I'd love to see it.

Re:1959 P-14 Super Deluxe 12 years 8 months ago #54241

There is a little bit in the Glassic Library section on P-14 boats. The old blue book pages don't list a Super Deluxe until 1960. Good find.

Typically price is a function of rarity, uniqueness of design and most of all condition. Even then it is a crap shoot. There probably aren't many of them out there. The design of the ones I could find are not overly flamboyant. You say it is in great shape, but the motor could be an issue. If you can get him to start it, great. If not, maybe at least turn it over so you know it isn't frozen. Better yet, have a mechanic take a look at it. The motor is probably the most expensive thing to fix, if you are not mechanical and have a pro do it. The next most expensive thing could be the seats, if you have the cushions made professionally. Followed by windshields. The rest tend to take more time than money. The more you can do yourself, the better.

Most of all, negotiate. Good luck.

Todd (aka thetudor)
1964 Custom Craft Aqua Ray
1959 Glastron Seaflite
1959 Tomahawk Spirit
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.163 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT