Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: classic glass at Mpls Boat Show

classic glass at Mpls Boat Show 12 years 9 months ago #53950

A classic fiberglass Glasspar G3 will be displayed at the Minneapolis Boat Show 19-22 January 2012. It is part of the Bob Speltz Land-O-Lakes chapter participation in the show. We are back after a three year absence.

In addition to the G3 there will be two wooden scow sailboats, two HackerCraft woodies, an early 1900s launch and a wooden canoe. A bunch of outboard motors will be scattered throughout the space.

The show is held at the Minneapolis Convention Center in downtown. Come pop by and say hello.

Andreas

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:classic glass at Mpls Boat Show 12 years 9 months ago #53951

• MarkS
  • Thank you received: 5
The Classic Glastron Owner's Assoc. - Minnesota Chapter also has a booth at that show this year, Andreas. Great to see the big shows including the classics, please tell the gang over there I said hi if you get a chance. ;)

Mark

Re:classic glass at Mpls Boat Show 12 years 9 months ago #53961

• g3jim
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
that is pretty awesome!

Re:classic glass at Mpls Boat Show 12 years 9 months ago #53968

• Shipster
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 0
maybe a bit off of the topic but there was an indoor boat show here in Baltimore last winter that was strictly for new boats. However as you walked in the main lobby of the convention center there was a display of old Glassics and a couple of woodies and a bunch of outboards and such. Mostly Glassics though and I'm wondering as a newbie to all of this if glass, which some people might consider to be the red-headed stepchild to woodies, is gaining respect in the eyes of collectors or restorers or whoever. Its certainly got my attention mostly due to this website and partly due to the fact that now I have one myself. Just wondering.
Shipster

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.162 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online