Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Burgee holder missing

Burgee holder missing 12 years 9 months ago #53890

• Fiddyninefins
  • Fiddyninefins's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
I have the holder for the holder that mounts on the bow behind my bow light (both pictures attached) Does anyone know what the flag staff (I don't know the nautical terminology) looks like?? I'm missing it.. :(

Tom
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Burgee holder missing 12 years 9 months ago #53904

tom,what you have there is one of the rarest pieces of boat hardware around. yours is only the second one i have seen. i sold the other one to a friend. another friend that has been in the boat business most of his life has never seen one. here is a pic of the burgee staff. it is the same one that fits the other spaceship attwood light.
Attachments:

Re:Burgee holder missing 12 years 9 months ago #53905

Tom, you have a very rare piece there. I gave up a couple of years ago trying to find one for about 20 years. Hang on to it, those burgee holders or flag staffs show up on ebay oncein awhile. I sold mine last yr to a gentleman in canada for 50 bucks. He had one of the holders and would not part with it for anything. Good luck finding one. Skip.

Re:Burgee holder missing 12 years 9 months ago #53927

i know of one of these bowlights,with 4 matching cleats,but it is very badly pitted,i think i will go back up in the spring to get them.maybe i can get a few bucks for them,lol,john

\"too soon old,too late smart\" my pap

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“

---Mark Twain

Re:Burgee holder missing 12 years 9 months ago #53941

• Fiddyninefins
  • Fiddyninefins's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Wow good news and bad news from you guys. I actually bought the 59 Wacanda just so I could get the bow light and hardware. The chrome is almost like new no pitting. This boat sat under an apple tree for 7 years - I don't know how it stayed so well. My wife became fond of the boat - I re-gelcoated the bottom and I'm headed to the garage in a few minutes to give the top it's final coat before buffing. Then the fun begins - I can put my bow light back on. The bad news is that it's rare and it will be tough to find a burgee staff. Maybe from the pics John sent me I can machine one ???

Thanks for the info you guys.

Tom

Re:Burgee holder missing 12 years 8 months ago #54005

• bhamrick
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 0
Here is one from E-bay -- and he will ship it for free LOL He's pretty proud of it !!

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.183 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online