Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Mid 60's Pere Marquette square back canoe

Mid 60's Pere Marquette square back canoe 12 years 9 months ago #53696

Looking for info on the pere marquette square back canoe made by Industrial fiberglass products in Lundington, MI in the 60's. This canoe is in great shape and I would like to know the value.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Mid 60's Pere Marquette square back canoe 12 years 9 months ago #53751

Value is very relative. I would guess it's worth a few hundred dollars.

Pere Marquette FibreGlas Boat Company was formed at Scottville, Michigan about 1954. Richard T. Rudysill was president and Charles Wallace was treasurer. A 1958 newspaper article stated: "Visitors are not allowed at this plant due to two Navy processes that are used in the manufacturing of these boats."

On 11 April 1962 the U.S. Small Business Administration held a foreclosure auction of the boat firm's assets. In early 1963 the assets became a division of Industrial Fiber Glass Products Corportion. Thomas Billig was president of Industrial. On 16 January 1964 Charles Wallace was successful in a jury trial against the company and was awarded $3,071.50. It was regarding back wages.

In 1965 Industrial Fiber Glass built a new factory at 800 Madison Avenue in Ludington, MI. In 1969 William A. Jefson became president of the company. He had been mayor of Ludington at one time.

Apparently the end came on 25 February 1971 when another foreclosure auction took place by order of a secured creditor.

Andreas

Re:Mid 60's Pere Marquette square back canoe 12 years 9 months ago #53754

That's interesting, Thank you. Since the canoe is of that era and in great shape, along with not finding much info online about it, I didn't know whether to keep or sell.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.161 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online