Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Help ID'ing Lone Star

Help ID'ing Lone Star 12 years 9 months ago #53275

• Fiddyninefins
  • Fiddyninefins's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
I took a little trip from home in Idaho to west of the mountains. We had a couple of hours on x-mas morning before we had to put the prime rib in at my sons house so I took a little drive around the country. Voila -- Found a little farm with lots of glastrons (late 60's - 70's)and other stuff. Ended up meeting the guy who took me behind his place to show me the Lone Star. I think the double cockpit is cool. Should the steering be in the rear cockpit?? It does have a pretty good windshield in the bottom of the boat. I didn't measure the length but don't think it's more than 14. It did have a Lone Star tag on the transom but I couldn't get a real good look at what else was on the tag - I wasn't dressed for boat picking. I checked the Library and the closest I could find was a 57 Admiral or a 55 Starjet. Both 14 footers. Any Help out there??

Thanks

Tom (back in Idaho)
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: Help ID'ing Lone Star 12 years 9 months ago #53280

The Admiral and Star Jets were aluminum models, the boat pictured appears to be fiberglass?

Maybe a '55 Lone Star Challenger? Definitely an early 'glassic!

Re: Help ID'ing Lone Star 12 years 9 months ago #53285

• Fiddyninefins
  • Fiddyninefins's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
I must have the holiday hangovers I missed that one - I believe you are right on. The boat is fiberglass. It was sanded pretty aggressively but very solid. The guy said he wanted to create a mold from this original so didn't seem to interested in selling, although I wasn't in a position to haul away at that moment. As of this second I only own 59'ers (5) but I'm really leaning south of there right now. Thanks for the help!!

Tom

Re:Help ID'ing Lone Star 12 years 9 months ago #53300

often times steering was set up in the rear cockpit. Especially before electric start. This way the skipper could be nearer the motor.

Andreas

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.163 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online