TOPIC: Got My Calendar Today!

Got My Calendar Today! 12 years 9 months ago #52629

• JAG
  • JAG's Avatar Topic Author
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 0
Ron,
Receiver it today and as usual it's really well done! Thanks much for all your hard work on this project,and thanks for choosing "Lida Rose" for the cover, I couldn't be more proud! It really does take more time than some might think and I'm sure you did it for the big pay check!! LOL!!
Thanks so much once again,
John Gambill
JAG
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Got My Calendar Today! 12 years 9 months ago #52639

• Shipster
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
Got mine today and it's georgeous! Flipped through it 4 or 5 times already. You did a fantastic job Ron. The only thing I wish is that it could have been an 18 month calendar. Just a thought.

Re:Got My Calendar Today! 12 years 9 months ago #52645

• MarkS
  • Thank you received: 5
Mine came today to Ron, fantastic job buddy! It really turned out very nice, you do have "a knack" for this no doubt. If you should happen to have any extras left over, I'd be interested in purchasing another? :unsure: (Should have ordered two dummy - "kick in the butt, kick in the butt") :ohmy: :laugh: :P

Mark

Re:Got My Calendar Today! 12 years 9 months ago #52646

That Ron is a classy fellow eh? I got my calender yesterday and have weight sitting on it to flatten it out. Every year just gets better. Thanks Ron!

Frank

Re:Got My Calendar Today! 12 years 9 months ago #52647

mine arrived yesterday. looks great!

Andreas

Re:Got My Calendar Today! 12 years 9 months ago #52662

• Nautilus
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 58
Received my calendars today...great! A special thanks and much appreciation for the tribute to my friend, Jim Lundy. He would have gotten a big kick out of it.

Mentor to the unenlightened!

"Never allow logic to interfere with a boat purchase." - J. S. Hadley
"Vintage quality beats new junk every time." - J. S. Hadley
"Anything supposed to do two things does both of them half-assed." - J. S. Hadley
"Success makes...

Re:Got My Calendar Today! 12 years 9 months ago #52665

• MarkS
  • Thank you received: 5
I noticed that too Nautilus, the tribute makes this year's calendar all that much more special, IMHO. Another one of Ron's little "magic touches" if you will. I remember well the smile on Jim's face in the pic you showed us, and I gotta believe he's "upstairs" smiling down on this now. ;) Well Done, Gentlemen.

Mark

Re:Got My Calendar Today! 12 years 9 months ago #52674

ron my friend you did a wonderful job,just as you do every year,im sorry we have the only boat not in the water yet,but that will change this spring.
and i agree a very nice memorial for jim,thank you ron for all you do for us,and thank you shipster,send me something to restore.john

\"too soon old,too late smart\" my pap

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“

---Mark Twain

Re:Got My Calendar Today! 12 years 9 months ago #52699

• JAG
  • JAG's Avatar Topic Author
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
So Gibson, what are you selling? Post pics of the fleet please and tell us what they are. JAG

Re:Got My Calendar Today! 12 years 9 months ago #52708

Got mine yesterday too. It's awesome! Thanks again Ron!

Some people are like slinkies... Not much good for anything, but they sure are fun to push down the stairs.

Re:Got My Calendar Today! 12 years 9 months ago #52736

jag,im not sure,i have been trying to decide which boat i was going to restore 1st for a long time now,2 of my boats are going to get junked ,i tried to give away the glaspar lido,and had twice ,2 different people wanting it,but they never came for it.
the other i bought just for the trailer,the boat is crap.
one is my nephews.

and the other 3 im not sure which im going to keep.
if i sell them ill post them in the glassifieds and let you know.john

\"too soon old,too late smart\" my pap

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“

---Mark Twain

Re:Got My Calendar Today! 12 years 9 months ago #52814

WOW What a ride these babies had. DO NOT FOLD SPINDLE OR MUTILATE, guess someone missed that memo. lol
I called Ron on saturday when the calendars didn't show, noting that Andreas got his last week too and I should have had mine about that time too. Both Ron and I got a bit worried today when we went to look up the tracking number and there was no info available. Ron's wife even went to the post office today to get the low down on what happened. Well after 2 hours of trying to chase down my mail man on his route I caught up to him and sure enough he had them. When I looked at the box I couldn't believe the ruff ride they had. It lookes like they rolled them from NJ to MN for god sakes. Thanks to Ron's packaging they survived 2 major puncture wounds and one big enough to put your fist in. Today was day 6 on 2 to 3 day priority mail. I am just greatfull they even go here. My beloved Robin works for the post office and when she got home she could hardly believe the shape the box was in too. SO hats off to Ron for making a beautiful calendar and packing them well enough to go to hell and back cuz mine sure did.
Cowboy
Attachments:

Re:Got My Calendar Today! 12 years 9 months ago #52817

• Neil
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Got mine today also.
Another job well done by Ron.
Neil

Neil and Mary Ousnamer

Re:Got My Calendar Today! 12 years 9 months ago #52827

OMG...AND YOU WONDER WHY THEY'RE CLOSING POST OFFICES ALL OVER THE COUNTRY. PRIORITY MAIL...HA. my receipt said delivery by the 15th and here it arrives 4 days later all torn up. let this be a warning to all of you. i'm going to the post office tomorrow with the pic's and raise hell. i haven't let loose in a long time....MinnesotaFiberglassMuseum wrote:

WOW What a ride these babies had. DO NOT FOLD SPINDLE OR MUTILATE, guess someone missed that memo. lol
I called Ron on saturday when the calendars didn't show, noting that Andreas got his last week too and I should have had mine about that time too. Both Ron and I got a bit worried today when we went to look up the tracking number and there was no info available. Ron's wife even went to the post office today to get the low down on what happened. Well after 2 hours of trying to chase down my mail man on his route I caught up to him and sure enough he had them. When I looked at the box I couldn't believe the ruff ride they had. It lookes like they rolled them from NJ to MN for god sakes. Thanks to Ron's packaging they survived 2 major puncture wounds and one big enough to put your fist in. Today was day 6 on 2 to 3 day priority mail. I am just greatfull they even go here. My beloved Robin works for the post office and when she got home she could hardly believe the shape the box was in too. SO hats off to Ron for making a beautiful calendar and packing them well enough to go to hell and back cuz mine sure did.
Cowboy

Re:Got My Calendar Today! 12 years 9 months ago #52847

GOOD RON, Sence the hole is the size of my fist you might want to rip them a new hole about the same size. Robin says there is no reason for this kind of package mishandling. All she cold think of is it got caught in a sorting machine. so it could have been stuck inside the machine for several days having other packages pound it to death. The look up number you have should be able to track it to the station that it spent the most time at. My post man Al said it looked like it was stuck in Ohio for a while when he scanned it. You should get a full refund according to Robin. Go get um Buddy.
Cowboy

Re:Got My Calendar Today! 12 years 9 months ago #52858

• tey1967
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
Got mine on Monday. :) Can't see it until Christmas:( Can't wait!

Re:Got My Calendar Today! 12 years 9 months ago #52866

• Nautilus
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 58
I ordered two calendars...one for Jim Lundy's widow, Helen. I'd just like to reiterate how much I appreciate the "In Memoriam" note with the photo of Jim and his Garwood. I wish you all could have known him.

Here are a couple photos taken within the past two years: Jim and Helen pulling up to my boat and Jim and me drinking a toast to friendship...with my beer, as usual!
Attachments:

Mentor to the unenlightened!

"Never allow logic to interfere with a boat purchase." - J. S. Hadley
"Vintage quality beats new junk every time." - J. S. Hadley
"Anything supposed to do two things does both of them half-assed." - J. S. Hadley
"Success makes...

Re:Got My Calendar Today! 12 years 9 months ago #53058

Got mine yesterday, they are awesome. Thank's for the hard work Ron.

Nick

1961 Uniflite 19' Express, Bearcat 55 powered
1975 Chris Craft 25' Tournament Fisherman, Twin 181 FL inboard

Re:Got My Calendar Today! 12 years 9 months ago #53167

I opened up my calendar tonight and I would like to thank you Ron for the nice work you did.

1970 Glastron V-142 SkiFlite
1965 Merc 500
1968 Merc 500

Re:Got My Calendar Today! 12 years 9 months ago #53175

• tey1967
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
Just opened it! Wow it is awesome!!

Re:Got My Calendar Today! 12 years 9 months ago #53178

i'ts satisfying to hear that everyone likes them as i'm only an amateur at doing this. "Merry Christmas" everyone and a healthy "New Year." Ron

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.245 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online