Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Model Boats- Al Loves Merced

Model Boats- Al Loves Merced 12 years 9 months ago #52528

About 6 years ago I pulled up to the shore to let the my Dog Rose relieve herself and found this on the edge of the Allegheny above Roston. I put it away and forgot about it until I opened the box this morning. I had intended on fixing her. She is all 100% hand crafted and did float. My guess is somebody was floating her and she got away or was left as an offering. She is a dugout outrigger canoe with sail at 19 inches long and just over 16 inches wide. Keel to top of the mast is about 22 inches. You can see the hand stitching in her sail. The rudder is gone but would be a replaceable item.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Model Boats- Al Loves Merced 12 years 9 months ago #52530

• MarkS
  • Thank you received: 5
Pretty cool Bob, wonder how long the little boat had been out there? Looks like somebody spent some time with the details making it.

Mark

Re:Model Boats- Al Loves Merced 12 years 9 months ago #52532

It was found in a spot I pull into on a regular basis because the it is almost like a beach where there are so many rocky spots. It had not been there maybe a week before. Who knows how long it was in the river. The mast was broken when I found it. The nearest dam was in Kittanning about 3-4 miles up river and I'm not thinking it would have survived that well going over it. I have another wooden model boat I'll take pics of later. I have a Party to go to as Santa soon today.

Re:Model Boats- Al Loves Merced 12 years 9 months ago #52554

wow,robert what a cool boating/folk art piece,it makes you wonder about the builder and his and her lives.john

\"too soon old,too late smart\" my pap

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“

---Mark Twain
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.175 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle