Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Boston Whaler Revenge 19 serial number

Boston Whaler Revenge 19 serial number 12 years 9 months ago #52426

Hi again friends,

Does anyone have a by hull number list of Boston Whalers?

i found a "down at the heels" Revenge 19, serial number 8966 on the transom plate, on a NICE trailer but which has been "abandoned by the owner" for quite while, near San Antonio.

it was last registered in Alaska a decade or more ago. - the registration number on the hull is: AK9685M.

i would hate for it to be cut-up & buried at the landfill, which as of today is its apparent fate.- if i can, i will "adopt" the boat/trailer & restore it to fish the Gulf & the larger lakes in TX.

the owner of the storage yard is new & knows nothing about the boat/trailer, except that it has been abandoned & wants it GONE, as he is making no rentoff the parking space & it's "in the way'.

does anyone know what year it is?

thanks, satx

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Resistance to tyrants is obedience to Almighty God.
Thomas Jefferson, 1803

Re: Boston Whaler Revenge 19 serial number 12 years 9 months ago #52427

• Andgott
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 0
I found a reference to the Revenge 19 ( www.whalercentral.com/userphotogallery.php?album_id=54 ) that said they were built from '74 - '79... Is there a manufacturer HIN on the transom? After 1972 there should be- It would give you the date.

I'd hate to see a boat like that scrapped- Old whalers are NICE. So are new ones... I had a 2001 for a while, first new boat I ever bought. Built like a TANK.

Re:Boston Whaler Revenge 19 serial number 12 years 9 months ago #52429

• MarkS
  • Thank you received: 5
What's the name of the BW site, isn't it catchthewave.com or something like that? I've never had one, but never heard anybody say anything but good things about 'em! ;)

Mark

Re:Boston Whaler Revenge 19 serial number 12 years 9 months ago #52432

Probably my favorite Whaler. There is one in RI at the same place as the Whitehouse that I posted about a month back (What is it?) They were asking $4500. Other ads have them around $10K. If they want it gone, you might at least be able to turn it for a few bucks.

Todd (aka thetudor)
1964 Custom Craft Aqua Ray
1959 Glastron Seaflite
1959 Tomahawk Spirit

Re: Boston Whaler Revenge 19 serial number 12 years 9 months ago #52433

andgott,

there is a metal plate on the port side of the transom that has the number 8966 stamped on it & NOTHING ELSE & i can find NO other numbers.

as you owned one, do you know where the hull number is located?

i wonder if it is earlier than 1972?

yours, satx

Thomas Jefferson, 1803

Re: Boston Whaler Revenge 19 serial number 12 years 9 months ago #52462

Here's a link with a bunch of pics. The HIN is probably embossed around the transom.

Todd (aka thetudor)
1964 Custom Craft Aqua Ray
1959 Glastron Seaflite
1959 Tomahawk Spirit

Re: Boston Whaler Revenge 19 serial number 12 years 9 months ago #52488

thetudor,

actually there are NO numbers, of any sort, embossed on the transom.- i looked there VERY carefully.

since i last posted, i received an email from a BW owner, who tells me that most of the "classic" whalers, i.e., before 1980 & over 18' have the number INSIDE the forward lockers(didn't think to look inside the cabinets) AND that it is very common for the transom "data plate" to be illegible after a few years of sun/wind/salt/water exposure, as they were first stenciled in INK.
(whose DUMB idea was that?)

after looking at a whole flock of photos of various Revenge-19 photos, i THINK that it just MAY be a 1974.

yours, satx

Thomas Jefferson, 1803

Re: Boston Whaler Revenge 19 serial number 12 years 9 months ago #52631

• Ike
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 14
The Boston Whaler forum is Continuous Wave http://continuouswave.com/whaler/

The number 8966 probably is a "serial number" By that I mean, on an HIN the first three letters are the MIC, the next five are a number assigned by the manufacturer, and the last four the date of certification and model year(some think this is the date of manufacture but it can be, or may not be. It depends on how long it took to build and how long it sat in the builders yard)

Since that is a four digit number I think it is pre 1972 so it is a serial number, not an HIN, but if you could post a pic of it that would help.

Peter D. Eikenberry
newboatbuilders.com
"Don't tell me that I can't. tell me how I can."
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.179 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024